Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userz8d9wxz4Pi
Asteroid

Text messaging, calendar, settings

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

Ever since I updated my S8 on April 1st, I have had issues with my text messages and calendar. My calender comes up blank, only showing the current day (in month view). In the text messages, I can read my responses to texts, but cannot read recieved texts. The font comes up a light grayish white color. I have to copy and paste the text into a notepad app just to read it....... when I pull up settings, all the headers are in that same colored font that cannot be read. You can't change the font color on the phone, only the font size and font style. What gives?????

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Text messaging, calendar, settings

JUMP TO SOLUTION

turn the orignal theme back on some of the themes havent been updated to work with pie 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Gary-B82-Ambassador-Signature2Note 10+ Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userz8d9wxz4Pi Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone?

userz8d9wxz4Pi
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks! No I haven't. What is cache partition and how do I access that?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userz8d9wxz4Pi No problem. Here are the steps here to clear the cache partition on your phone?

userz8d9wxz4Pi
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks! I did the step by step, then restarted my phone, I can see emojis now, but not the text.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

just wondering do you have a theme applied 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

userz8d9wxz4Pi
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes I do. It's a dark background theme (like you are looking up at the night sky).

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

turn the orignal theme back on some of the themes havent been updated to work with pie 

View solution in original post

Samsung_MAP3qPd
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That means if I paid for my theme, I have to delete it and go back and pay again? If the Samsung contracted with third parties that charge us for the theme, why can't it be a collaboration updates? It seems like you can't win with Samsung! Done with them.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

All you would need to do is wait for the themes to get updated atleast that's what I would think