cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DjRenagade
Asteroid

Tmobile S8+ group messaging

JUMP TO SOLUTION

With my new s8+, I have a weird issue with group messaging. My messages send via the group I made but whenever somebody replies, it is received in a individual contact page and I have to download it. I also can't send messages over Wi-Fi either. I'm using stock messaging app, can somebody help me fix this?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DjRenagade
Asteroid

Re: Tmobile S8+ group messaging

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found a fix. In messages, open settings (3 dots on top right) then more settings then multimedia messages and enable the first option, group conversation.

18 REPLIES 18
DjRenagade
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found a fix. In messages, open settings (3 dots on top right) then more settings then multimedia messages and enable the first option, group conversation.

useruOWD02ci4u
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried this, both enabling and disabling, and everyone is still getting replys as a group text. Any other soultions?

userQoP9LHd1zU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue and mine was already enabled. Did you figure it out?

userypGPHQhxUo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I receive group text but it shows as coming from only the origins sender. I can't see that it's a group. Any suggestions? I'm not sure if this is the same issue everyone else is having. 

user0ap1IsdVhP
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
me too, Samsung fix this
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user0ap1IsdVhP

Did you have a few moments to try the suggested fixed earlier in the thread? They worked for some others so they might work for you too.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userbfeF8AklGT
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I am having the same problem and the suggestion didn't work.
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey Community! Anyone else have a different workaround or suggestion then those already mentioned here? Let us know!  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userSqTnqoA2gL
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had my S8 since release earlier this year.  I never had this problem until I needed to do a factory reset last month.  How Can I get back to my initial setting to receive group texts in Messages?

The fix suggested did not work for me.  Need help.