cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DjRenagade
Asteroid

Tmobile S8+ group messaging

JUMP TO SOLUTION

With my new s8+, I have a weird issue with group messaging. My messages send via the group I made but whenever somebody replies, it is received in a individual contact page and I have to download it. I also can't send messages over Wi-Fi either. I'm using stock messaging app, can somebody help me fix this?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DjRenagade
Asteroid

Re: Tmobile S8+ group messaging

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found a fix. In messages, open settings (3 dots on top right) then more settings then multimedia messages and enable the first option, group conversation.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
DjRenagade
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found a fix. In messages, open settings (3 dots on top right) then more settings then multimedia messages and enable the first option, group conversation.

View solution in original post

useruOWD02ci4u
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried this, both enabling and disabling, and everyone is still getting replys as a group text. Any other soultions?

userQoP9LHd1zU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue and mine was already enabled. Did you figure it out?

userypGPHQhxUo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I receive group text but it shows as coming from only the origins sender. I can't see that it's a group. Any suggestions? I'm not sure if this is the same issue everyone else is having. 

user0ap1IsdVhP
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
me too, Samsung fix this
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user0ap1IsdVhP

Did you have a few moments to try the suggested fixed earlier in the thread? They worked for some others so they might work for you too.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userbfeF8AklGT
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I am having the same problem and the suggestion didn't work.
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey Community! Anyone else have a different workaround or suggestion then those already mentioned here? Let us know!  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userSqTnqoA2gL
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had my S8 since release earlier this year.  I never had this problem until I needed to do a factory reset last month.  How Can I get back to my initial setting to receive group texts in Messages?

The fix suggested did not work for me.  Need help.