cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usertaoePKaZDT
Asteroid

Tmobile update pink line S8+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was pushed an update this morning and after my phone rebooted it now has a pink line on the side anyone else having this issue

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
usertaoePKaZDT
Asteroid

Re: Tmobile update pink line S8+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In a case but don't understand how if it's damaged before the update and I have no pink line then after the update I get a pink line. I'm just going to downgrade when I get time

8 REPLIES 8
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @usertaoePKaZDT

Was this an OS update? Can I get your current baseband? Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usertaoePKaZDT
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

G955USQU3CRD4

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks! So just to be sure, do you see the line no matter what screen you're on? What about if you dim or brighten the screen?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usertaoePKaZDT
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any screen only goes away when the screen is off

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is the phone in a case? It sounds a bit like the screen actually got damaged but even if it doesn't look cracked a drop could have caused some internal damages.  =/

usertaoePKaZDT
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In a case but don't understand how if it's damaged before the update and I have no pink line then after the update I get a pink line. I'm just going to downgrade when I get time

Gem6155
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Everything in reading says its from water damage (or even humidity) BC they're not really waterproof, just water resistant (??!!!). Some say to take advantage of the 1yr warranty & have the expensive/ difficult screen replaced, as it may be a seperation of the display... then some others say to cycle thru the rgb screens until its gone - accessed by typing *#0*# - tap after each to return to that menu & double tap back arrow to get out all together. I've read that it might be only a temp fix, some also say its the pressure you're applying to where the screen is separating, who knows for sure, but something to try in the meantime. I was actually looking to buy an s8+ on eBay that had a pink line, but may settle for minimal missing pixels to avoid the enormous price tag & settle for a minor annoyance...

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Checking in to see if you still need assistance. If so, just let me know.  Smiley Happy