Can anyone help with this problem:
The touch screen is semi-responsive and there someone (bixby?) taking (mumbling so fast that I cannot understand what's it saying) in the background at fast speed, every time I try to touch any button. To make any icon work, i.e. email, google, gallery, etc you have to tap several times on the icon before it engages, once it opens, its hard to use because it takes several taps just to engage anything. Also, it will not scroll up or down in any window. The pull down screen for sound, wifi, flash light, but it popps down and goes back up as fast as it dropped down so you have no control over it and have any use of it. I can restart and power off and back on but its still the same (tried several times). I though of removing the battery and power down completely, but have not done it. youtube has a video on removing the back cover but its not easily done.
Thanks for reaching out.
Have you confirmed the software on the device is currently up to date? Have you attempted to wipe the cache partition on your device? Try that and see if that helps any.
The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly.
Follow these steps:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press the Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
Your phone will take a little time booting up after the cache partition is wiped off of its contents as it will rebuild or recreate those caches. Don’t be alarmed if the phone gets stuck on the logo for a minute or two after this just don’t turn it off so that what was deleted will be replaced successfully. So, wait for your phone to become active. Don’t worry, this procedure is very easy and safe to do. You won’t damage your phone just by wiping the cache partition.
@userZv6xZMkfrj You can simply turn off the accessibility settings in your Device Settings.