cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Touch screen is inconsistently unresponsive

I'll preface this by saying that my phone has some pretty major cracks in it. The cracks go all the way across the screen with more major cracks on the edges where my phone was impacted. Around some of the worst ones are black blobs, though those have been there for a long while.

My phone has had issues with the touch screen for a while now (about a month or so), the top quarter near the top being completely unresponsive.

Today I took my phone out of my pocket and the screen was weirdly unresponsive. I'd try to navigate my home screen and sometimes it would work as it should and other times it wouldn't. Opening my phone takes a few tries of swiping my screen in different directions. Really annoying and borderline unusual. 

Personally, I'd make the call to get either a screen change or a new phone, but the inconsistency of the unresponsiveness really makes me think it might be something other than me slamming my phone to the ground. I recently bought a pair of Raycon earbuds, which have a case that uses a magnet so I think it may be that (?). I'm not sure, any help would be appreciated.