Original topic:

UICC Message since Update

(Topic created on: 11/5/20 6:54 AM)
user99SX1244KI
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S8

I've been in and out looking for a permanent solution to this constant message popping out since the last update! It pops up every 60 to 90 seconds and interrupts every app I'm using. I work using this phone and this is cancelling my phone calls! I need a solution to this yesterday, factory reset has already been done. Did nothing but waste my time!

8 Replies
dsche
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S8
Have you contacted Samsung yet? They might be able to offer you a replacement.
0 Likes
user99SX1244KI
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S8

No I haven't. Replacement of? I don't need a replacement of anything this was an issue caused due to the update, maybe another update to fix this would be the best option. 

0 Likes
Samsung_wKvpH7M
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S8

I am having the same issue with my S8 after update. Did you find a solution?

0 Likes
user99SX1244KI
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S8

No I have not found one. Changed the SIM card as well but that did no effect either. Very irritating still! 

Contacted Samsung and that was their best advise. To switch out the SIM card, again waste of time. 

userCrewDragon9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S8

So disappointing! Their software update broke it, they should be more diligent fixing it...   does this happen to Apple customers when they update iOS? Probably not...

0 Likes
user99SX1244KI
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S8

Issue is still on going and it's about to be September. No solutions, no answers, no response. Almost a month with my phone like this, am I really going to have to buy a new phone because of Samsung's issues? Because it sure seems like I have to at this point.

0 Likes
ItsGabe
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S8

I am so disappointed in Samsung's lack of response on this. Instead of working on a fix, and lettingt us know that they are doing so, they are completely ignoring us. The pop up is so damned annoying. 

I wonder if a law suit could be started? Their update caused this problem whether the phone is under warranty or not. 

0 Likes
user001GLP0uKC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S8
Solved UICC Issue

In late September, My phone updated. Then this annoying popup started. T-Mobile finally admitted their system upgrade for 5G was the issue and I should get a 5G phone. Not! Their upgrade is incompatible with Samsung''s SIM authentication.

This is collusion for sales.

Then on Election Day, T-Mobile starts another upgrade. I couldn't send texts for 36 hours on top of popup.

Solution:
New SIM
New Carrier
Same Phone S8Plus
No Problem
0 Likes