cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Uicc pop up message

My phone updated this morning. It said the update was successful. But I have a notification that says "The profile update could not be completed". I can't clear that notification. And I keep getting a pop up that says to power off the phone, insert the uicc that came with the device, and power back on. 

What uicc is it talking about? I don't have anything other than the sim. 

I have turned the phone off and on. I also tried taking out the sim and reinserting it. But the notification is still there and I keep getting the pop up. 

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Uicc pop up message

I knew it had to be the update. My phone is doing the same. I have done everything. Went to Tmobile & they replaced my sim card. That didn't work. Also did a factory reset, that didn't work either.  And now my GPS doesn't work & my messaging app won't send MMS. NEED HELP SAMSUNG. WHATS GOING ON? 

Highlighted
Constellation

Also Tmobile said the message usually only comes up if you're changing carriers. Which I've not done. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Pandora kept playing on its own. I would shut if off and a minute later it started playing again by itself. It was like a ghost was messing with me. I logged out of Pandora and it has stopped. I guess I will have to log in and back out evertime I use it now.

Highlighted
Astronaut

We have two s8 on our plan and updated them within 24 hrs of each other.  Both of us have the same UICC and OMDAM profile incomplete.  I read through this string and tried all the tricks everyone mentioned, including factory reset.  Nothing helps.  I have spent hours on the phone with my carrier and Samsung Tech support.

The gist of those conversations was:

"BYOD plans do not mean bring an unlocked phone you bought from the factory.  We are not responsible for factory unlocked phones on the BYOD that you did not buy from T-Mobile"  and "when you agree to a push update on a phone that is 3 model years old you assume responsibility for any errors our upate caused." WHAT! Zero help.  Makes me furious.

and "Samsung tech developers are not responsible for error their software updates caused in any phone. Your phone is out of warranty and your accepting the update bricked it making it your fault for accepting the update." WHAT!!!! 

So basically I am under the impression that Samsung deliberately ruined my phone in order to froce me to purchase a new 5G phone from my carrier at full price.  Nope.  Not cool...I bought samsung beacuse they did not used to pull the stunts apple pulls.  So disappointed!

Going to Flash the phone as my last resort.

Highlighted
Asteroid

This is ridiculous. I tried all the remedies others have suggested with no luck. This pop up is so annoying. Samsung is noticeably silent about this. If I have to buy a new phone it will definitely not be a Samsung and I will make it a point to let others know. Their lack of concern is appalling!

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Re: Uicc pop up message

Time to drop samsung and go to LG.
Highlighted
Asteroid

I have been bothered by this too. I bought a used phone that apparently was originally on the Sprint network. I've had it on T-Mobile for nearly a year with no issues, until this update when I started getting the pop-up message. I tried the same things you did, and tried force stopping the OMADM but after an hour started getting the pop-ups again. However, I tried something different today that seems to be working (no messages in almost 8 hours).

Go to Settings > Apps. Click the three dots at the top, and select "Show system apps." 

Select "OMADM"

Select "Notifications"

Under "Notification style" click "Silent and minimized." 

I also have under OMADM "Change System Settings" = Not allowed. I don't know if that has an impact or not because that alone didn't work before I did the sequence I described above, but I'm not turning it back on just in case allowing it to change system settings means allowing it to undo what I did with the notifications. 

There is also (on my phone) a "Sprint OMADM Phone Interface" but I don't know if it has any impact. I have it also set not to allow changes to system settings. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm having this issue but this solution isn't working for me. This popup is coming roughly every 90 seconds and is a serious problem.  Samsung Help!

Highlighted
Astronaut

Samsung isnt going to help. I suggest never let anyone you know expecially family to never buy a samsung again. I've been through countless hours trying to fix this and its unfixable.