cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Unable to connect my Gear S3 to Gear app on my phone.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

can't pair my s3 frontier to s8+ everytime i connect my s3 frontier to my s8 by using the wearable app it will go exit automatically when it reach to 90% setting up the phone and i dont know why it always happen. please help me guys i already tried uninstall/reinstall the wearable app ,clearing the data and cache and also reseting my s3 frontier. i will attach the model # of my phone and watch.Screenshot_20190227-221002_Galaxy Wearable.jpg

20190227_221519.jpg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Unable to connect my Gear S3 to Gear app on my phone.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

hi i would like to inform you that my device is already paired to my phone and its working properly now. I tried for the 2nd time to clear the cache and data of my wearable app and delete from bluetooth paired device, after that i paired it again and finally it was sucessfully paired. thanks for your assistance 😁

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Were your devices purchased in the U.S.?

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i purchased my s3 frontier via suoq online shop here in saudi arabia and also my phone here in saudi arabia in the mall

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for this info! As this is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek support for your area. You can do so here: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks!

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

thank you i will try to go in any support center here in jeddah ksa

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

hi i would like to inform you that my device is already paired to my phone and its working properly now. I tried for the 2nd time to clear the cache and data of my wearable app and delete from bluetooth paired device, after that i paired it again and finally it was sucessfully paired. thanks for your assistance 😁

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This only works once. Once you lose the connection it never connects again.  Developers do not help and never respond so what is a good equivilant to the Gear S3? They wont support this one so I need to buy something else.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I am just another Gear S3 user, and I don't work for Samsung, but I thought I would see if I could help you out in any way....

First, here is PC Magazine's review of the best smartwatches in 2020 as of February 3rd if you end up going the route of buying a new watch altogether. 

It sounds like you have already tried clearing the cache of the Gear app as well as Bluetooth.  I don't know if you were able to specifically clear the data of the Gear app as well as its cache.   Another route would be to uninstall the app entirely from your phone and then reinstall from scratch.  You have probably done this already, but did you also go into your cell phone's file system and delete the folders the app creates when it is installed?  There may be some hidden configuration/data files that remain behind even if you uninstall the app that cause the problem to continue if/when you reinstall it. 

I have found what looks like the likely main ocations that you could delete after uninstalling the Gear Wearables app.  It is found in the Main Storage -> Android -> data and then locate and delete the com.samsung.android.samsungpay.gear, com.samsung.android.gearoplugin, and com.samsung.android.watchmanagerstub folders (along with all of their contents.  If you can't find one of those folders, don't worry too much, just delete everything you can before you reinstall.

Good luck!