cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocked S8+ Verizon Carrier

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok, so the One UI update came out today for Verizon. Well I have Verizon as my carrier and I've checked my Updates all day today and I have received nothing. Is it because my phone is an Unlocked and not carrier locked? What's the deal? Can anyone help me plz? I really want this update. And I'm so eager to get it.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Unlocked S8+ Verizon Carrier

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes it is due to your phone being unlocked. It is fully on Samsung to release the update. Don't listen to what the Samsung person said. These forums have other similar false information from Samsung when they clearly either miss the party where the post says it is the unlocked variant of the phone or they just don't know how the releases work. FYI now that the last carrier Verizon seems to be rolling out the update for their carrier locked variants the Samsung release for the unlocked variants should follow though how much longer is anyone's guess.

6 REPLIES 6

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unlocked S9+ Verizon carrier. Same question. Anxiously awaiting the update.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@That_Broad_Chic  Thanks for your inquiry. Once available, updates are released to Carriers and thereafter, it is at the Carriers discretion to release the update to customers. Since updates are released by Carriers in waves, we’re unable to determine when your device will receive an update. We appreciate your loyalty.

userbH6uudEBtU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I believe it is because your phone unlocked. It is Samsung's job to update unlocked phones, and they will usually wait until all other carriers have sent out the update before updating unlocked phones. I have a Verizon s8 and I got the update today

b1223d
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Verizon releases updates in waves. While my note 8 got the update around 1:30pm Eastern, others have gotten it much earlier or are still waiting. You'll get it, just gotta get lucky, or be patient.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes it is due to your phone being unlocked. It is fully on Samsung to release the update. Don't listen to what the Samsung person said. These forums have other similar false information from Samsung when they clearly either miss the party where the post says it is the unlocked variant of the phone or they just don't know how the releases work. FYI now that the last carrier Verizon seems to be rolling out the update for their carrier locked variants the Samsung release for the unlocked variants should follow though how much longer is anyone's guess.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

T.T