cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user3ufrc8rVDj
Asteroid

Unsure if right forum - premium care issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

bear with me - long read - Cliff notes issues between premium care (Assurant) and Samsung

I have always loved my Samsung devices, from appliances to tvs to phones.  I have enjoyed multiple Samsung phones over the years, and have loved my current S8.  Unfortunately I have had the worst customer service experience of my life in the last days with Samsung premium care.  I have filled a claim (42528329 )on 5/17 – as unfortunately I dropped my S8 phone and have a screen crack. 

I got contacted by Assurant which is the company Samsgung utilizes on Sunday 5/19 as they were not able to match the IMEI on the phone.  I called them and provided the two IMEI’s in my phone – correct this phone which is a previous replacement from Samsung premium care on January 2018, has two IMEI’s showing when looking at about my phone; Slot 1 and slot 2.  I was advised to call Samsung and called on 5/20.    After numerous calls which are logged based on my account and transfers back and forth between Samsung, Premium care and Assurant (I have over 5 hours plus already spent on the phone with those and can provide screenshots), and still unresolved.  Premium care is requesting me to call Samsung,  even after engaging with supervisors on both ends I still have to end up being transferred back and forth in this cycle.  Premium care is unable to see or provide me the IMEI’s in my account, and Samsung is unable to provide me details on what IMEI’s are in my policy.   

I appreciate if someone within Samsung can contact me to resolve this situation as it has been an unbelievable disappointment and I am at my wits end.  All I am asking for is to have my S8 unlocked phone to be replaced.  I do have premium care and have been paying for the last couple of years.  I have been a loyal Samsung customer but this has truly been a horrible customer service experience.    Thank you!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
user3ufrc8rVDj
Asteroid

Re: Unsure if right forum - premium care issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks everyone for the help.  I received a call from Samsung Protect and things have been squared away. 

Cheers!

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Was your device purchased in the U.S.?

user3ufrc8rVDj
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungLarry  thanks!  This phone was a replacement phone provided by Samsung protect last year.  It is weird that it has the dual IMEI.  After speaking with Samsung suport they see as not being a US phone.  My dillema is that the phone is showing as registered in my account with Samsung (when I go to samsung.com it shows the second 4798 IMEI.

I have spent a lot of time and am being ping ponged back and forth between Samsung, Preotect\Assurant, even after asking superviros to assist.  I am getting to the point of giving up and getting the replacement done out of my pocket, and take this as a learning lesson.  It is a bummer since the previous replacement was straight forward.  Perhaps this is an incentive not to have a claim every year?  I wa smade feel like I was trying to commit fraud or scamming Samsung, so overall a pretty terrible customer experience and disappointed with the way it was handled.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am sorry to hear of this. This forum is for support of US products and customers. This may be why you are having so much trouble with it.  As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry. Thanks! 

user3ufrc8rVDj
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks everyone for the help.  I received a call from Samsung Protect and things have been squared away. 

Cheers!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are very welcome! Thank you for keeping us updated!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.