JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Ads in Samsung app

(Topic created: 07-08-2020 06:31 AM)
userbVgG9dr6MV
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I recently received the update to Samsung Music. The ad at the top of the tracks list is really annoying and is unacceptable for my flagship phone. I don't want to use a music app with and ad. Is there any way to disable these ads?

263 Replies
Taiseer
Cosmic Ray
Options
I believed in Samsung from the first day it had their Galaxy line, but now showing ads in their apps, that is really despicable, I'm switching to iOS, at least they treat their customer with respect and not trying to enforce some cheap ads on their customer.
Sorry Samsung, you just lost a loyal customer.

GalaxyNeptunia
Cosmic Ray
Options
its not to bad my dude, they actually contribute a little color balance within the apps, just ignore them and you will be fine, some of them you actually might be interested in🙂
0 Likes
Taiseer
Cosmic Ray
Options
I can't ignore them, now the added the ads, next time they are going to sell your information, this is invasion of privacy.
GalaxyNeptunia
Cosmic Ray
Options
the phones are encrypted and are secured with Samsung Knox
0 Likes
Taiseer
Cosmic Ray
Options
so what, they can't enforce ads on customers, I could go and buy Huawei if I want ads in my phone, or any cheap Chinese phone, but we chose Samsung. it's disappointing to see them ruining their platform and image.
TheRabbi
Comet
Options

You think because the phones are encrypted, and have Samsung Knox, Samsung isn't getting your personal info to sell to their partners? 

Cool story, bro. And if the solution to avoid ads is to avoid Samsung apps, what's the point of having a Samsung phone, or getting into their ecosystem? 

0 Likes
GalaxyNeptunia
Cosmic Ray
Options
it may bother you, but to be honest I haven't even seen them, I dont use samsung health and I use the weather channel opposed to Samsung Weather, so if you want an ad free experience that's how
0 Likes
Taiseer
Cosmic Ray
Options
that's not a solution, the ads are in Samsung daily, Galaxy store, Samsung music, they are everywhere. 🤦🏻‍:male_sign:
Options

@GalaxyNeptunia wrote:
it may bother you, but to be honest I haven't even seen them, I dont use samsung health and I use the weather channel opposed to Samsung Weather, so if you want an ad free experience that's how

0 Likes
userxJh03Hk4QO
Constellation
Options

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8+ mobile phone and in the last few weeks I have started to receive unwanted full screen ads immediately after swipping to open the phone. The latest one is from Kartel. A common denominator in the ads is that it says that it is "Top on Google Play" with 5 gold stars. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of these ads? I have tried clearing the cache but to no avail.