cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userurZiSbl0kT
Asteroid

Re: Update_ April 2, 2019

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ugh, I had that same problem with my phone on an update this past fall!! I feel your pain. 

userqYwmbDjBEF
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exactly my experience. I totally lost my always on locked screen, and the theme I had PAID for is useless because all of the text became virtually invisable. I finally found a different theme I can live with, but all of the above issues makes this phone horrible to work with. I just bought it for my birthday, last summer and absolutely loved it. Now, I hate the look of it, and the functionality. I understand needing the patches that were done, but did you have to revamp everything about it???

userRtpn3SuTQx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought my galaxy s8+ last year and I loved it! My first really nice phone. For a couple weeks my phone has been asking me to update. I always hit later. Well today the update screen flashed on my screen as I was playing a game and I accidentally clicked update.! I never have seen an update change the layout and look of a phone this much before. I hate it. It's ugly and it just doesn't seem right. I really wish I could fo back. Smiley Sad

useriyKxraamEb
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If I wanted an Iphone I would have bought an Iphone!  I feel that with this update everything is changing to be more like the Iphone. All of the great features that made the Galaxy so great are disappearing with each update, and I'm NOT HAPPY!!!

One of my favorite texting features of scheduling messages is no longer available. Also the texting background feature and text tones are no more. I know that you can set a notification sound for each texting thread but you have to reset those everytime you delete a text log or everytime there is a new update. Why can't we have that option within the contact information like it used to be. I'm not able to use a lot of app notification sounds unless they are the few Samsung sounds.

And the new look of all the icons and the texting app itself is terrible.  Add me to the list of unhappy Samsung customers. Smiley Sad

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The option to schedule text messages is still available. When you are texting, tap the “+” button near the text field, or the three dots in the top right corner of the screen to open the calendar. Select the date and time. Tap “Send” to schedule.

userDN8QoATuBm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Moderator....I wonder how many of your customers will now be swiitching over to an Iphone due to this update...I know of 6, myself included.  You might as well call yourself the IRS...no rationale for reasons behind some of the changes and don't bother listening to those unhappy with them!

Highlighted
userHaXNtMVtyd
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userDN8QoATuBm wrote:

I wonder how many of your customers will now be swiitching over to an Iphone due to this update...I know of 6, myself included. 

7, 8, 9, 10, & 11 right here. I've been using Samsung since the S3 was new - my two adult sons, & adult daughter have all used Samsung exclusively since their first phones.  My youngest daughter started with Samsung 3 year ago.  The boys started with the Samsung that had the flip around screen - that tells you how long we've been exclusive Samsung fans.   We are all switching after this.  What sent me over the edge (no pun intended) is the Device Management app for Edge is now a paid app...and it's $1.99.  Really Samsung?  Think that you will have enough people pay for your app that it will make up for all of the people who aren't buying your phone, Samsung?  So ridiculous.

userDbyfYUQW4q
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungRei I don't see this at all on my Samsung Galaxy S8+ post-update. Screenshots please?

user3jyQKp4lvk
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I dont have the + sign and there are 3 dots next to the texting area but they dont give me the schedule option.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user3jyQKp4lvk Are you using the stock messaging app?