cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userHaXNtMVtyd
Asteroid

Update_ April 2, 2019

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung? Usually your updates are fairly benign, but not this time. The Always on Display doesn't work; the apps in the folders aren't alphabetized - how do you screw up the alphabet?!; in messages, you put a space at the top that tells me I have no unread messages - it takes up half the screen! I know when I have unread messages because of the other notifications - apps, peek/preview/ ongoing notification, etc. Then you added an additional notification at the bottom of the message screen with a badge to tell me if I do or do not have unread messages? The worst, the absolute worst, is that every time I open messages, I have to press "cancel" to *not* turn on read receipts. I have been a Samsung user and advocate for more than a decade. If the read receipt thing comes up every time, I will be the newest and biggest iPhone support. I will give you one day - that's it. FIX THIS IMMEDIATELY!!!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userOiQcqQv1ju
Constellation

Re: Update_ April 2, 2019

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Always On Display Fix:

(settings >> Lock screen >> Always on display >> Display mode >> Show always

To alphabetize your apps:

Hit the menu options in your app screen (upper right) and select sort  You can either custom or alphabetically sort them.

61 REPLIES 61
userCWNoWRtbWv
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Yeah, absolutely ridiculous,can't stand this new update. Please switch it back. We're not Mac or not Apple give, us back our Samsung
userrrb9ygBa55
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree! Worst update since I own a cell phone! 

userrrb9ygBa55
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was with apple for years. I switched in 2010 and been really happy since. With this update I'm almost thinking of going back to apple. Worst update ever and I don't even want to start about what I don't like because the list is too long and in the process I might break my phone!! SAMSUNG WHAT IS GOING ON???? WHO EVER DID THIS UPDATE FIRE HIM YOU WILL START LOOSING CUSTOMERS!!! 

userIpgCirUoL1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I feel the same way. The whole phone is messed up that I feel like throwing it across the room.  Whoever thought this was innovative should be fired.  They should also be letting people test out their innovative ideas before putting it out to the public. 

userDN8QoATuBm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OMG what a terrible update!!!!!

Am 65 years old and slightly savvy with my phone and tablets.  That was until this new update!  Now I can't seem to figure anything out.

Please PLEASE go back to the way it was before.

usergKh9QabAyJ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Screenshot_20190402-192622_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20190402-192632_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20190402-192638_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20190402-193336_Messenger.jpg

This was my responses from them regarding this. Im not happy at all.

userurZiSbl0kT
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It seems Samsung has deleted all your screenshots. Ugh

usergKh9QabAyJ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Very nice samsung deleting my screenshots. Thats ok. Because of this update and now seeing that you deleted my screenshots my new NON samsung phone is on its way to me. Way to go Samstunk...

userurZiSbl0kT
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Worst update EVER!!! It deleted EVERYTHING in my calendar, and I LIVE by my calendar. Tried to restore it all morning, troubleshooting with Samsung for more than an hour (absolute waste of time!), but it's all gone. 

And the new messaging app update?! Why the heck do I need this MASSIVE space at the top to tell me I have no unread messages?! What a waste of space!! 

I can't stand the new layout and the features that were removed. As soon as my contract is up, I'm done with Samsung.

Samsung, you messed up big time. Again. Absolutely fuming over here!!