cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JakeM
Constellation

Update G950USQU5DSDA

Hello,

I wanted to convey the fact that I am VERY upset with this new update. I was so excited to see some of the new UI and layout changes but the functionality has been completely ruined for me. My first issue is that the bluetooth no longer connects to my car. I have a 2011 Chevy Malibu LTZ and it has always connected to my phone with no issues. Now it will not connect for hands free calling anymore. It connects to a set of bluetooth headphones though, which makes me wonder why it is rejecting my car. My next issue is something that is very much a deal breaker for me: it will shut down apps running in the background every time! I basically live on my phone, and to use it as much as I do I need to be able to multitask with it. I have a podcast running in the background while I'm playing a game, like Pokemon Go, or doing school work, or reading for school on my Kindle app. I have always done this and it has never been an issue to have one or two apps running at once and be able to easily switch between them. Now it kills whatever app I don't have pulled up at that moment. I try to listen to my podcast while playing Pokemon Go and it kills the MX Player app in the background. I try to open ANYTHING with Pokemon Go in the background and the game closes and restarts. It worked fine before this update, and now it's ruined. I don't even want this phone if it is going to restart every background app every time I switch to check my texts. I wish I had never done the system update. Please help fix this issue!

Jake

3 REPLIES 3
useriAJlpipG90
Astronaut

Re: Update G950USQU5DSDA

Agreed,  I have some apps running all day intentionally. This is a huge dissatisfier.

Samsung_atxMZnA
Astronaut

You remember me??

You remember me??

Highlighted
userU4yiA7YbHF
Asteroid

The issue with connecting to your car actually has to do...

The issue with connecting to your car actually has to do with the old software in you car you can go to the dealership and might be able to get a new software loaded onto but itll cost you. The problem is caused by security patches that Samsung as well as android has implemented