Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userP17M33gV0B
Constellation

Update March 2019 No Data

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just ran the software update on my Galaxy S8 with Sprint out of Baltimore, MD. I no longer have data. I can connect to Wifi just fine as well my messages and calls go through. However, when I try to connect to the internet when I am not on Wifi, it just shows no internet connection. I checked my mobile network settings and it is set to Automatic. I tried changing the mobile network to CDMA and CDMA/LTE, but it just shows 3G connections. I never had issues with my data in the previous software version. I also tried taking out the SIM card and reinserting and nothing changed. I would appreciate any help with these new update issues. Hopefully, Samsung quickly fixes these issues. I could forsee this making them lose a lot of devout Galaxy users. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Update March 2019 No Data

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend reaching out to your carrier for further assistance.

22 REPLIES 22
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What type of device are you using? Can I please have your full model number, baseband version, and service provider?

userP17M33gV0B
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S8

Model number: SM-G950U

Baseband version: G950USQU5DSC1

Service Provider: Sprint

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend reaching out to your carrier for further assistance.

userf1YPrqob9w
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just reached out to sprint, they had me go through the same steps I already did before I called and still no change. I know that I'm in a service area for LTE because my co workers have LTE my dad has it even after the update. So idk what else to try.

user2itbpAlU9E
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not a solution to the problem, this is Samsung not taking responsibility to ensure all of their customer's carriers were compatible with the software they are pushing through to their phones. Samsung needs to step up and come up with a solution to this problem and stop hiding behind the carrier. It's not a Sprint issue, it's a Samsung issues. They should get off their lazy behinds and do something about it!!!!

Bama808
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have also had the same problems,  also having dropped calls and very bad reception.  Samsung is replacing some s10 models and sprint said to contact Samsung for replacement for s8 and note 8 if after the last update you still have no data or bad reception.  Any updates Samsung? 

Bama808
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
user8mIdQUnatc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the exact same problem and it started after the update. I have never had an issue with other updates before 

user8mIdQUnatc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problems and I have done the same things you have. And it all started after this update