cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Crazydog77749
Constellation

Hello, I'm wondering if my Samsung s8 is still going to get the pie update, it was supposed to arrive in March.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userIPQ40JlorB
Cosmic Ray

Re: Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Some phones are experiencing problems getting the ota update. Use this tool to sideload the update. I had to use it for my s9+. Just enter your model number and current software version and it lists all updates available for your phone. Then you just download and install the update. Easy as pie

6 REPLIES 6
userIPQ40JlorB
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Some phones are experiencing problems getting the ota update. Use this tool to sideload the update. I had to use it for my s9+. Just enter your model number and current software version and it lists all updates available for your phone. Then you just download and install the update. Easy as pie

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Updates are rolled out depending on carrier and your region. We would not recommend side loading the update. 

TopherLee
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dont expect them to start rolling out soon, and Don't sideload any "updates".. Wait for the finished, polished version... It'll come, eventually... Then again, my T-Mo Note 8 is still on Android 8 as well, with NO security patch updates since the 1 January patch... Almost 3 months old, and with known major security vulnerabilities... The Note 9 on the other hand, has not only gotten Pie, One UI, but also the March Patch to resolve the 11 known major security issues... Apple and Google can both figure out updates, but Samsung refuses to jump on the Project Treble train, to make updates faster, so now that the S8/Note 8 has a couple devices that have come out since, expect us to get pushed out, last in line...

userbqum5pN7zU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Don't get it. It is horrible. Changes all your icons and makes your phone look like a child's gameboy.

RaeRae2102
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Since the new update my phone shuts off randomly and it doesn't recognize my sd card...

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@RaeRae2102 Do you have auto-restart disabled in the Settings? What troubleshooting steps have you tried already, so that we don't repeat anything.