cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userAcSRLcG25Q
Asteroid

So, my S8+ says Andriod version 7.0, but Samsung Experience version 8.1. Sort of confused by what that means.

Any help?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Comet

Ya I didn't meant to say for every Carrier but as you hav...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ya I didn't meant to say for every Carrier but as you have At&t you'll need their Service to get OTA and as per I know you'll not even get the updates on Smart Switch as At&t doesn't allow updates from other Sources too. Best deal is to go to a authorized Samsung shops or Best Buy they can update your device for you. OR By any chance you get a hold of At&t Sim from Friends or anyone and place it in your device, the update will show up too.

NBI

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Comet

Android Is the operating system which is by Google. The a...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Android Is the operating system which is by Google. The android updates are pushed by google. But the Samsung Experience is a software Overlay, like a launcher by Samsung that changes how the Samsung apps looks and has others features included by Samsung. Most Companies have their own Software Overlay to make their phone look different. So Android is OS and Samsung Experience is Launcher. If your device is S8+ then the latest Android Version should be 9.0 with Samsung One UI incase you didn't know. So just m try to manually install it or try Samsung Smart Switch to update your device.

NBI

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

userAcSRLcG25Q
Asteroid

Re: Android Is the operating system which is by Google. The a...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Where would I manually download the update in that case?

Comet

Is your device a Carrier device or unlocked version. If y...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is your device a Carrier device or unlocked version. If you have unlocked version than it's fine but if you have Carrier device you must have their service to get OTA update. For manually checking for update go to settings scroll down to software update, in there tap on Download updates manually, updates should show up. Make sure about stuff I said above. Still if updates doesn't show up try Samsung Smart Switch on PC and see if updates show up.

NBI

userAcSRLcG25Q
Asteroid

Re: Is your device a Carrier device or unlocked version. If y...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is an AT&T unlocked S8+.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userAcSRLcG25Q Thanks for your inquiry. Once available, updates are released to Carriers and thereafter, it is at the Carriers discretion to release the update to customers. Since updates are released by Carriers in waves, we’re unable to determine when your device will receive an update. We appreciate your loyalty.

Highlighted
amanda95
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungQue wrote:

@userAcSRLcG25Q Thanks for your inquiry. Once available, updates are released to Carriers and thereafter, it is at the Carriers discretion to release the update to customers. Since updates are released by Carriers in waves, we’re unable to determine when your device will receive an update. We appreciate your loyalty.

Only AT&T and Verizon push updates from their servers.    The updates for all other carriers are pushed from Samsung's own servers, in which case release dates should be known.

userAcSRLcG25Q
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So even though it is an AT&T phone unlocked by Samsung, it should be getting updates?

amanda95
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@NBI wrote:

if you have Carrier device you must have their service to get OTA update. .

Incorrect.   Even without a SIM card and no active plan/service, the phone wilI receive updates from the carrier.

Comet

Ya I didn't meant to say for every Carrier but as you hav...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ya I didn't meant to say for every Carrier but as you have At&t you'll need their Service to get OTA and as per I know you'll not even get the updates on Smart Switch as At&t doesn't allow updates from other Sources too. Best deal is to go to a authorized Samsung shops or Best Buy they can update your device for you. OR By any chance you get a hold of At&t Sim from Friends or anyone and place it in your device, the update will show up too.

NBI

View solution in original post