cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gibbledup
Asteroid

Good Day all, 

My S8 wants to do a 1333.04 MB update.

Is this normal? I have tried to figure out what update this is but it's not telling me much.

In settings, I have it set to automatically download updates when connected to a Wi-Fi but when I seen the size of this download I stopped it and came here for help.

After reading some posts about problems with the update & charging, now I'm really nervous about letting this update continue!!

Maybe should mention that I am from the deep freezer ( Canada ) with the carrier Rogers.

Thanks in advance

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Updates

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just checking in to see if you still need assistance.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @userbkm5jSLNMx

That might be the Oreo update. If you got to Settings>About Device, what does it say your current Baseband is?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Gibbledup
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hiya SamsungViv

Thanks for getting back to me.

It took a couple days with no one answering me (when I was an Asus moderator we used to fight the other mods to help customers first!!) With the update download paused & I got sick of the notification bar telling me about it so I backed everything up & went for it!. I lost a couple apps but that's all. I can't find anything about oreo. Double stuffed or otherwise! 

Baseband version G950WVLU2BRB7

Thanks again

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Gibbledup as a former Asu mod, I'm assuming you keep up to date on recent OS and updates. I'm surprised you didn't know. The Community forums aren't necessarily a place where moderators can fix, or know, everything. Moreso, it is a place where everyone tries to assist others. There are a lot of questions, and not a whole lot of mods. 

When you go into your About Phone, which Samsung Experience do you have? Android 8 (Oreo) is Samsung Experience 9.0. This is under Software Info.

Gibbledup
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Keyword here being "Was" an Asus mod. But I had an 8 year vacation from technology ( and numerous other pleasures ) The last semi smart phone I had was an LG Chocolate (vintage) Now I'm gibbledup in the hospital awaiting 9 more surgeries! I have the Oreo update. Thanks for telling me where to go & where to find it. In another month (probably less) I promise no more newbie questions from me! Thanks to VerbumVeritum & Samsung Viv

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Gibbledup glad you got the update! Good luck with your surgeries!

Gibbledup
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you very much for the good luck wishes!

After the next nine that'll be a total of 78 surgeries. And no I'm not a plastic surgery nut! I'm an old hat at sepsis, missing joints and pain!

It keeps life interesting.

Just remember it could always be worse, and tomorrow might bring something that makes it all worthwhile.

That's kept me alive through all this!

Be happy 🤗

Redwan Raju
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please solved my problm 

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

View solution in original post

user4HPibwPE9N
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SOMEONE HELP ME..... MY CELL THREW UP ALL THIS DUMB ICON STUFF.... THINGS ARE MIXED  UUGGHHH

G955USQ........ IS MY BAND THING UPDATE.....  CAN I UNINSTALL THIS NEW UPDATE?    MY CELL WASN'T BROKEN IN THE FIRST PLACE

@SamsungViv wrote: