cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kinpin6996
Constellation

Video assistant in Samsung browser has been removed

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm the type of person that doesn't use a lot of the video apps and I primarily use my browser for just about anything internet on my phone including videos and video assistant was probably the best thing ever that any phone had I loved it because it was easy to watch videos without the hassle of using the built-in browser player and I'm sure this is the case for some other people I'm sad to see it go and I hope it comes back in the future update

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Video assistant in Samsung browser has been removed

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Correct. Video assistant was removed from Samsung Internet (stable + beta). This pertains to builds with a version # of 9. You can try installing an older beta from before VA was discarded. 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Correct. Video assistant was removed from Samsung Internet (stable + beta). This pertains to builds with a version # of 9. You can try installing an older beta from before VA was discarded. 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
usere7Y1CYPRsd
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How do we reinstall an older version? That video assistant was the main reason why i started using this browser, especially it' ability to rush the screen left and right to sell through the vid instead of trying to fat-dinner my way around the tiny progress bar

Highlighted
useriD25BOWXdi
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

U can install old 5.0 version it has video extension available in extensions..

user6sLCZiNkY7
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Don't forget the play resume button in the center of your screen that can't be hidden. At the least the elderly and disabled will be able to find it easily. I was worrying about that

user6sLCZiNkY7
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you explain for those of us incapable of using the term "builds" in that jargony shop-talk manner exactly how to go about this installation? Where do we obtain an earlier beta? Certainly Samsung has no incentive to make these available, or maybe they do? Android Play Store app? What can we do? 

user0wWU3kBCnZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In my case I've updated the whole android OS which it came with the internet version 7.2.10.35.

Now with the version 9 that has not the video assistant. I've gone to the Google play store >>search for Samsung internet >> uninstall updates,

@user6sLCZiNkY7 wrote:

Can you explain for those of us incapable of using the term "builds" in that jargony shop-talk manner exactly how to go about this installation? Where do we obtain an earlier beta? Certainly Samsung has no incentive to make these available, or maybe they do? Android Play Store app? What can we do? 

That's all.