Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userpsv56eigwX
Asteroid

Video call s8 to s7

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I cannot get the video call feature to work.  Says it's unavailable.  Tried all settings.  This is all three phones on one account tmobile.  Tried to call tmobile, that didnt help. S7 to s7 works but not s8 to s7.  Think its the software itself.  They need to make it universal across android phones like they do the fscetime for iphone.  HELP!!!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userpsv56eigwX
Asteroid

Re: Video call s8 to s7

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok.  Since posting my original problem I figured out something.  When I purchased my s8 all apps and settings got switched over using the smart switch app.  This obviously caused glitches and even was getting ADS on my home screen.  I backed up my phone did a factory reset.  Only installed exactly what I'm using.  Now video calling feature works across the board.  Doesn't need to be on WiFi.  So if you're having same problem this could be why.  Also don't install battery savers.  Usually loaded with malware and ads that cannot be detected with usual virus and malware apps.

15 REPLIES 15
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Were you able to ever get video call to work, or was it something that just didn't happen when you first tried? If at all possible, were you able to test with any other S7 or S8 device just to see if the option is even there?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

usercu48Sgwygx
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userpsv56eigwX
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the s8 on tmobile.  I found the solution.  You have to go to settings>connections>more connection settings>WiFi calling>never use cellular network enabled.  Also be connected via WiFi.  Video calling should work then.  Just be sure to change back if not using video calling as wifi will eat up battery life.  Hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good find! Hopefully it'll help others coming into the community looking for similar information. Really happy you were able to sort it all out!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

userEHnWKi5hD0
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Are there any other solutions to this problem? My S8 can't make or receive video calls either. I've tried the fix as posted by the user above but that WiFi calling as an option doesn't appear on my phone. (And not sure why you shouldn't be able to use the cellular network anyway!).

Plenty of friends with older phones can send/receive video calls, so frustrating that the S8 can't seem to handle it.
userEHnWKi5hD0
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Update to previous comment - spent 1hr on the phone yesterday with the provider - they said to go back to the store as it is most likely a faulty handset. Has anyone else experienced similar issues? This sounds quite surprising to me, as I would expect most faults to be software related, and that gets updates regularly.
userHZG1UdPNbQ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm from the Nerherlands and have the same problem. Checked with Samsung by phone went to my provider in the store received a new SIM card but still the same. They advies me to go to the Samsung store and check if they can help me.

user6SVYt7sPzT
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've got a same problem, I bought 2 s8 phones the same issue both.

uservxKtUGNzZj
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any update here? Ever since I purchased this phone, I have not been able to video call. =(