cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Supernova

Re: Video call s8 to s7

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I want to look further into this matter for you guys. Can you all provide your exact model number, carrier & Baseband versions please?
Also, please verify if you've gone through the following steps:

• Soft reset
  • Tested in Safe Mode to eliminate third party apps
  • Cleared your app cache
  • Cleared cache partition
  • Backed up & tested the phone with a factory reset

Thanks. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
userpsv56eigwX
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok.  Since posting my original problem I figured out something.  When I purchased my s8 all apps and settings got switched over using the smart switch app.  This obviously caused glitches and even was getting ADS on my home screen.  I backed up my phone did a factory reset.  Only installed exactly what I'm using.  Now video calling feature works across the board.  Doesn't need to be on WiFi.  So if you're having same problem this could be why.  Also don't install battery savers.  Usually loaded with malware and ads that cannot be detected with usual virus and malware apps.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Has anyone found a solution to this?
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey Community! Anyone else seeing this problem and have a workaround or suggestion? Let us know!  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usernikyzFwaEl
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I finally found a setting to switch that allowed me to video chat on my S8 to my daughters S7.  if you go into settings, then Connections, then Mobile Networks.  Turn on VoLTE Calls.   That worked for me.  Hope this helps.

userR8D1wxSMT1
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Im from malaysia. Having this same issue only after the oreo update. Previously naugat have no problem with the video calling... Until this recent june patch update i still unable to use video calling... Like it so much cuz without wifi we can still do video call. It so cool... For samsung...