cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aurelius
Asteroid

Visual Voicemail icon does not appear on phone dialer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi - Galaxy s8+ visual voicemail app icon is not present. See inserted photo, to the left of the green phone icon. Mine has nothing. Nor do I have the video icon, or the little icon you tap to make the key pad go away. I did a factory reset, everything up to date. Still not there. Arghhhs.  Have spent way too many frustrating hours on this. Any help would  be greatly appreciated. Thanks.  

vv icon.JPG

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Visual Voicemail icon does not appear on phone dialer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Menus can vary from current software versions and build numbers, and from carrier to carrier. If you are missing Video calling or Visual Voicemail, you will need to speak with your service provider, as these are carrier specific features.

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Menus can vary from current software versions and build numbers, and from carrier to carrier. If you are missing Video calling or Visual Voicemail, you will need to speak with your service provider, as these are carrier specific features.

Aurelius
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello Rei - thanks for your help.  I also discovered that my phone does not have WiFi calling (ATT is carrier) nor a menu item under "Connections" for advanced calling. 

So I did call them. The tech told me my phone does not have those apps because I did not buy my phone from ATT. Does that sound right? When I do research on the internet, it sounds like WiFi calling should be available if you have a compatible phone, which I have.

he said it would not work since I don't have HD VOICE calling enable; nor VOLTE enable on my device, and he could not help me out. 

Any additional ideas? i thought i might try another ATT tech and see if they knew any better?

Aurelius
Asteroid

I tried flashing my ROM with latest ATT firmware. It did...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried flashing my ROM with latest ATT firmware. It did not add these features, although I read elsewhere that it would. My phone was originally factory unlocked. I thought installing ATT ROM would add these ATT features. Any additional suggestions welcome

Nick031
Constellation

Is the wifi calling icon on your screen when you swipe do...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is the wifi calling icon on your screen when you swipe down from the top of your screen and is it turned on and your phone is connected to wifi?

Highlighted
Aurelius
Asteroid

It is not. Nor does it show as an option on the connectio...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is not. Nor does it show as an option on the connections settings