cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnOB
Asteroid

Volume issue since June 8 2019 update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have bluetooth headphones with no volume control. They were loud enough for the gym before this update. Now, it is much quieter at full volume. Some sort of limitation has been imposed on the device. Any ideas on how to return the volume to the place it was before the update? Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
JohnOB
Asteroid

Re: Volume issue since June 8 2019 update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update, and the real fix!!

I had a friend of mine sit down and review the fact that if I thought Samsung was controlling, Apple would crush me with frustration over being controlled. I came to my senses. 

As it turns out, Samsung is not the control freak that I thought. My friend stated that resetting the network settings also resets bluetooth and should resolve any issues with volume related to bluetooth earbuds. So, I reset the network settings. WOW! Now my earbuds are back to being damagingly loud (just like I like it). So, I remain a Samsung fan and avoided the black hole of Apple. Sorry for the criticism and conspiracy theory!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you cleaned the buds recently? This has been known to correct this issue.

JohnOB
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for responding!

1) They are fairly new 2) They are loud enough with my laptop (I wanted to rule out problem with the headphones, but it is clearly associated with the update) 3) There was no problem with them connected to my phone approximately one hour before the update. Nevertheless, I am not fully convinced it is due to the update, however, it seems correllational. Again, thanks for your response!

JohnOB
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Cleaning them now

JohnOB
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Problem solved!

Following the past 3 years of Samsung’s trajectory of progressive imposed audio attenuation, I am heading to Verizon on Thursday with a friend to get my first iPhone! Ever!

I have been a loyal Samsung/Android customer for the past 12 years. At some point, Samsung felt it necessary to impose their idea of acceptable volume on all their users. Concerts don’t do this, home audio doesn’t do this nor mp3 players throughout history. It was the user’s decision what to do with their hearing.

Compared to iPhones, Samsung devices have consistently declined in audio while Apple has gotten better.

The one-and-only factor in my decision for an iPhone is the audio attenuation imposed by Samsung and the superiority of Apple devices’ audio. If Samsung had stronger audio, I would probably stay, but it has gone downhill with each update. Weaker and weaker.

I may return to Samsung, but the weak audio is angering, frustrating and, worst of all, intentionally imposed by Samsung. I don’t need a company making choices for me about listening to music at a level I find entertaining.

As of Thursday, problem solved. Verizon is offering free AirPods (a cost they will retain in some other way, I am sure), but the iPhone with AirPods sounds amazing!! Nice and strong!

Just leaving this feedback in case Samsung notices a trend in departure over audio issues.

Highlighted
JohnOB
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update, and the real fix!!

I had a friend of mine sit down and review the fact that if I thought Samsung was controlling, Apple would crush me with frustration over being controlled. I came to my senses. 

As it turns out, Samsung is not the control freak that I thought. My friend stated that resetting the network settings also resets bluetooth and should resolve any issues with volume related to bluetooth earbuds. So, I reset the network settings. WOW! Now my earbuds are back to being damagingly loud (just like I like it). So, I remain a Samsung fan and avoided the black hole of Apple. Sorry for the criticism and conspiracy theory!

View solution in original post

userlrVEKVEtvo
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi John,
Any chance you could elaborate on how you reset the network settings?

Thanks,

Jonathan

JohnOB
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Absolutely Jonathan,

Settings>General management>Reset>Reset network settings

Click on the Reset settings button

Remember, it will forget all WiFi newworks and passwords and all paired bluetooth deveices. But the volume issue will be fixed!