cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Warranty issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got my Samsung Galaxy S8 as a gift from someone who passed away and did not give me the receipt. Now I have no way to obtain the warranty. I called customer service and quite frankly was severely disappointed in the service I received. The man I spoke with did not speak English very well and could not understand my questions. I was told I needed the original receipt but when the person is no longer living, you can not obtain that information. The back of my phone cracked for no reason after 1 week of receiving it. I have not dropped it and have kept it in an otterbox case the entire time. I think it's very unfair that s8 users are not able to claim warranty on their registered products. This is a huge issue as the cost to replace is way more than the phone is worth. You can not upgrade with cracks or defects. It is not causing any functional issues. However I find the volume has always been low no matter what. I shouldn't have to use speakerphone for people to hear me. So what should my next step be? Any comments would be appreciated.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Warranty issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello soifonkurosaki,

Normally, any physical damage (i.e. cracks, liquid, dents, etc) are not covered under Samsung's Manufacturer's Warranty. Physical Damage voids Samsung's Manufacturer's Warranty.  

If it is only the back of the device that is cracked, then the cost should be under $100 to repair (assuming there is no other damage inside or out). Samsung Experience Stores and Authorized UBreakIFix locations are walk-in repair centers available.

Samsung.com and Samsung Experience Stores do offer trade in values on some cracked devices (Powers On & Remove any Activation Locks) when purchasing an Unlocked Device.

The low earpiece volume could just be due to debris inside the screen.  You could try using a light bristle brush and lightly run it across the earpiece screen.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello soifonkurosaki,

Normally, any physical damage (i.e. cracks, liquid, dents, etc) are not covered under Samsung's Manufacturer's Warranty. Physical Damage voids Samsung's Manufacturer's Warranty.  

If it is only the back of the device that is cracked, then the cost should be under $100 to repair (assuming there is no other damage inside or out). Samsung Experience Stores and Authorized UBreakIFix locations are walk-in repair centers available.

Samsung.com and Samsung Experience Stores do offer trade in values on some cracked devices (Powers On & Remove any Activation Locks) when purchasing an Unlocked Device.

The low earpiece volume could just be due to debris inside the screen.  You could try using a light bristle brush and lightly run it across the earpiece screen.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello hun im sorry that you are going through this. Unfortunately due to your issue with the crack on your backglass do place your device to be out of warranty. The manufactured warranty is only covered for one year of you purchasing the device and it dont cover physical damage nor water damage. inorder to replace the backglass of your device will only cost $59 plus the tax. Now if there is more damage to the device the price will be much higher due to the fact that samsung have to place the device back into warranty for 90 days (3 months).

Good Luck and please let me know if you have any more questions.  

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@FelishaC  It's not like I can't fix the back myself. It's a quality control issue with the glass itself that Samsung refuses to acknowledge. It is agitating to see and hear the crack starting out of nowhere for no reason. They same with the s9. Too many complaints and you would think they would acknowledge their issues and address their customers respectfully but it is not the case. Thanks for the advice though. It is appreciated.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

you are very much welcome hun 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@APang  It cracked on it's own by itself. I think this is a serious issue that Samsung needs to address. I had no issues with the 6 or 7 but this 8 is crazy. Camera is awful. Not as sharp as promised. Now cracks that start by themselves in the corner. Honestly I can do the repair myself for under $15. It's not hard but I wish Samsung would acknowledge known issues and pay people's expenses for repairs. This is a known complaint and I have seen over 50,000 users with the same problem. I certainly will have to think about whether I am buying the new one or going back to iPhone. Thanks for the advice.