cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usermwydaMjwjN
Constellation

Warranty scam

I bought a Samsung s8 last month and the rear glass was cracked but I wasn't going to send it in because I knew how terrible the repair service was and it did not affect the phone but 2 weeks in the phone kept restarting I contacted Samsung and told them what was happening and how it was cracked when I purchased it the lady was specifically clear my phone was covered so I sent it in now they are claiming it's out of warranty because they've had it almost a week past my warranty then contacted me and they won't repair the issue with it restarting without me paying $200 to fix the back glass and I told them that's how they sent it and could they just repair the issue with the restarting she seemed like she just didn't care and the fact that I just paid for a phone that doesn't work is my fault. Samsung and the warranty or the lack thereof is beyond scandalous and the biggest problem I have with them is to repair my phone from restarting they just need to hook it up to a computer not take it apart so they are just trying to scam me put of $200 to fix something that was broken presumably when they shipped it 

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Warranty scam

Hey there!

Thank you for providing that information, However if our product support team has deemed this type of damage is consistent with that of physical damage. Due to the limitations of the manufacturer's warranty, we will be unable to change this decision. At this time the repair would be considered out of warranty and you would be responsible for the cost of repairs. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers near you that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location. I do apologize for any inconveniences.

^Thanks Zell

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
usermwydaMjwjN
Constellation

Re: Warranty scam

First off IIve already spoke with a Samsung president and she said you'll fix it for free secondly the only reason it would be out of warranty would be because your repair service is ridiculous. And I've already spoke with bbb whose assured me if my problem isn't addressed they'd step in I'm still waiting for the shipping label from the president of Samsung but am confident it'll fixed IDC if it's Samsung or the better business bureau.