Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ynwkm
Constellation

Water drop icon + Caution sign

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

A phone's screen looks like this: can anyone help?

20170707_140837_1499454684280.jpg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Supernova

Re: Water drop icon + Caution sign

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Alright, I was just wondering if it was from the states or an international model. Thanks for that info. From the looks of it, I would say there's moisture detected in the charging port. The device will prevent wired charging when moisture is detected in the USB port.  Wireless charging will still function when wired charging is disabled. Even if the phone hasn't experienced a splash, the charging cable may have. If she can't get it to turn on though, I would recommend setting up an evaluation of the phone with our support team. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

42 REPLIES 42
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did this happen after any physical or liquid impact? Are you able to get past this screen and turn the phone on at all? Also, what's your model number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Ynwkm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There was no physical damage or water splash/damage.

As far as I know, my aunt (owner of problematic phone) only attempted to open my messages when it turned off.

If all the Samsung Galaxy S8+ models here in the United States have the same model number, my aunt's phone should be the same as mine which is: SM-G955U.

The only difference between our phones is that I bought mine at a retail store and she bought it at Costco.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Alright, I was just wondering if it was from the states or an international model. Thanks for that info. From the looks of it, I would say there's moisture detected in the charging port. The device will prevent wired charging when moisture is detected in the USB port.  Wireless charging will still function when wired charging is disabled. Even if the phone hasn't experienced a splash, the charging cable may have. If she can't get it to turn on though, I would recommend setting up an evaluation of the phone with our support team. 

View solution in original post

userXTZ9kbpF7E
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This has just happened with mine.  It didn't get wet.  I was using the phone without problems.  It was at 6% so I put it in the charger and got a text screen message saying the charger or the charger port had detected moisture.  2 other chargers,  the next morning, displayed the yellow triangle and water drop.  Apparently,  the battery is dead and it also wouldn't charge wirelessly. I've heated the phone and it had no effect on the error.  So,  still dead, back to the store.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for sharing your experience with the Community, @userXTZ9kbpF7E. I hope the store was able to get that taken care of for you. Keep us posted on this. 

userXTZ9kbpF7E
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They were able to charge it wirelessly, but not wired. I left it at the store and came back at 55%, took it and it DID charge in the truck. At night, back to the same thing, detected moisture.

It apparently didn't charge wirelessly at home because it didn't like the magnet on the case. Took the case off, charged just fine. Morning it was full, moisture detected again, about noon, it charged just fine wired. Odd.

In the store, they told me about $400 if they send it to Verizon and moisture was detected and not just defective. The other option was to claim thru insurance for about $200. 

It never got wet, why it's intermittent is strange. No help at the store, just pushed to call and make a insurance claim rather then help me. I've been a customer for a dozen years with 8 lines but feel like I may as well buy somewhere else so I didn't trouble the manager and rep.

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for coming back to the thread and updating us with that experience. That definitely sounds like a mess to deal with. 

If you'd like, you're more than welcome to see if we have any Walk in Service centers in your area to check out.

You may also contact our support team at 1-800-726-7864 to ask them to set up a free evaluation to see what's going on with the phone.

However if there is a repair done and the technicians determine out of warranty damages are the cause, there may be a repair fee involved.

I hope this call gets sorted out for you, I definitely don't like to see customers upset and discouraged like this. 

userDnXEhxLt7e
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing with mine. Tends to only happen when phone is below 10%. Happens quite often. No water damage. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps presented earlier in this thread?