cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userPhPZ0EFG4P
Asteroid

Where are my downloaded live wallpapers??

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So i don't know if i'm missing something but on this stock launcher i can't seem to find where my Play Store downloaded live wallpapers are?? I long press on home screen and the only option is the 'wallpapers and themes' which is the samsung wallpaper store thing. When i click on 'My wallpapers' 'view all' up above it only shows me the infinity wallpapers, the default and any i downloaded from the samsung theme store ONLY. How can i find the other live wallpapers i have downloaded from elsewhere?? I don't really wanna download a different launcher. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
usere1s7qkZhj0
Astronaut

Re: Where are my downloaded live wallpapers??

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I hope this helps. 

Long press "Home screen".

Choose "wallpapers and themes"

Under "My Wallpapers"  click on "VEIW ALL >"

Click on the 3 dots on the top right hand side of your phone. "Live Wallpapers" will appear.

select  "Live Wallpapers".

Enjoy.

Premier Icons Producing Official Sports Content and Live Wallapers since 2005

17 REPLIES 17
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @userPhPZ0EFG4P

Anything downloaded from a different place are likely located in your "My Files" app. They can be moved from there into the same file as your theme store downloaded files. You can also plug the device into a computer to find them, and move them, that way.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userBVIDkNMVJa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I use my downloaded live wallpapers ? 

userPhPZ0EFG4P
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks, but it's nowhere in my files. The Live wallpaper i downloaded is not an app within itself , it's meant to be found in the Live Wallpapers category which this phone obviously lacks 😩

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Going to Apps>Samsung>My Files should show several different categories. From Recent Files to Images, Downloads, and Documents just to name a few. Opening Downloads should show anything downloaded if not from the Play Store or Themes. Apps would almost never pop into there, just single files.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userStRmQn8ZBF
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you find a solution this this? If not, I highly recommend you use the Nova Launcher. After I started using it I wished I had installed long ago.

userIH3RpV3Ux2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue and solved it by downloading an app called live wallpaper picker from the play store, I just opened the app and all my live wallpapers are there to choose from 

userPhPZ0EFG4P
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah so it's definitely not in the Files. There is no solution on how to find it within the phone that i know of, other than to download something. I ended up downloading "Live wallpaper shortcut" app which is exactly what i needed, since it takes up less space than a launcher. 

Thanks guys for your comments and i hope there's a LWP picker option from this stock launcher in the future... or to find it if it's already here 🤔

userTDjoS1kZha
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you.  The "Live Wallpaper Shortcut" app did the trick on my S8+.  Once downloaded, the live wallpaper I purchased showed up 👍🏽

userTLE5LdIe0d
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This worked for me, thanks