cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cheyj
Asteroid

Where is the microphone for sending text messages with my voice?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Where is the microphone on the keypad when sending texts messages?  I used to do this often with my earpiece while driving but now I can't find the microphone to click on anywhere.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Holmessr86
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
if you're using Samsung keyboard it's on the bottom left side that shares the emojis key , you need to do a long press to access the microphone. You can also just hit the keyboard button in the far bottom right corner and click Google voice typing.
7 REPLIES 7
Holmessr86
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
if you're using Samsung keyboard it's on the bottom left side that shares the emojis key , you need to do a long press to access the microphone. You can also just hit the keyboard button in the far bottom right corner and click Google voice typing.
Cheyj
Asteroid

Re: Where is the microphone for sending text messages with my voice?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much for your help!  It took me a few minutes to figure out what you meant.  I guess I now I one thing that I don't like about this phone. 

Holmessr86
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Sure! I love it. just takes some getting use to especially if you're a new galaxy user. 😊
Cheyj
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not a new Galaxy user at all.  Just never had the microphone be so hidden with the text messages.

userDTzZjogmrr
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My microphone just disappeared off my keyboard and I can't find anywhere in my settings where to put it back. Also doesn't show up on the bottom left emoji section when I do a hard press. Any suggestions?

userKpoJGbSiic
Constellation

Re: microphone disappeared from my text keyboard Galaxy Note 5

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was using my microphone multiple times a day for texting and today it isn't there.  Where did it go?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: microphone disappeared from my text keyboard Galaxy Note 5

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userKpoJGbSiic Thank you for reaching out to us! 

If you are using the native messaging application that came already installed on your device, you will want to confirm that the Samsung Keyboard is selected when you are typing.

Try these troubleshooting steps to switch your default keyboard, ensuring it is set to Samsung keyboard allowing you to access your microphone!

You can locate the steps here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00078956/

Let us know if this resolves your concerns!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.