JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Receiving double notifications on some apps

(Topic created: 05-16-2019 12:42 PM)
userH5ThXLkayY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

For some of my apps, I get two copies of every notification that comes in, both in the sound alert and in the notification panel.  Any idea how to stop this?

This happens for some of my email and social media accounts even though I only have one copy of each app.

34 Replies
userysTWzo0jB4
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I dont have multiple app folders, yet I get double notifications.  I have a Samsung Note 9.  How would I fix it in this instance?

0 Likes
userNNBfg7Tdz3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I am having the same issue as well. Everytime I clear a notification from Facebook, Instagram, and Google I am sent the same notification again.. Please fix.
0 Likes
userJkagHgr7jn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This isn't a solution, but rather a pointer to the bug many of us are experiencing:

https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/06/03/bluetooth-devices-are-breaking-android-notifications-with-d...

For me, I'm getting what sounds like 1 to 3 different notifications for apps like SMS, Whatsapp, and others. Sometimes one is slightly earlier, and one is lower in volume.

I ended up turning down my notifications volume to "vibrate" - but am still getting notification sounds. I think they are coming through the "system" category volume slider.

It started about late May, and I dunno if it's linked to Bluetooth, or my Galaxy watch...

Note 9, Pie, t-mobile.

Zooski81
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If you have more than one email linked to your primary email account you will often get duplicate notifications. It drove me crazy so I deleted the added email accounts only on my device. Problem solved!

0 Likes
J251
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

i think i may have found a solution here....
I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra through Verizon
These are the steps on my phone:

1) Settings

2) Notifications

3) Advanced Settings

4) once you get into the Advanced Settings you see a lot of options, look at the "Notification Reminders"

5) I cant explain the WHY behind this but I had this function off and there were 2 apps selected by default.
One of these apps was my texting platform.

6) If yours is indeed OFF turn it on and and click on SELECT APPS TO GET REMINDERS FOR

7) In that screen you see a toggle for ALL APPS

😎 click on ALL APPS so all your apps are selected and then CLICK AGAIN so all apps are turned off

9) Once you toggled ALL APPS to OFF position, back out to where you see the main ON/OFF toggle for Notification Reminders and toggle it to the OFF position

This worked for me. I have no idea WHY i was getting double notifications even though this function was in fact OFF. I cant explain it, it doesn't make sense, but this did work for me.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I HELPED 🙂