cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RogerTJsr
Constellation

Why is Sprint able to lock my Boost Mobile Galaxy S8?

Recently my phone has been acting crazy. It will suddenly power off on it's own. It will then reboot itself and turn o only when it does, I get this error message saying invalid sim card device lock by carrier please contact sprint to unlock it. I've contacted sprint, they said they unlocked it for boost service. I've done every trick imaginable with Boost and still every day my phone does this. Can anyone help me?

4 REPLIES 4
Honored Contributor

Re: Why is Sprint able to lock my Boost Mobile Galaxy S8?

@RogerTJsr wrote:

Recently my phone has been acting crazy. It will suddenly power off on it's own. It will then reboot itself and turn o only when it does, I get this error message saying invalid sim card device lock by carrier please contact sprint to unlock it. I've contacted sprint, they said they unlocked it for boost service. I've done every trick imaginable with Boost and still every day my phone does this. Can anyone help me?

How you tried to disable that Sprint OMADM service/app?

Go to settings>apps>see if that Sptint thing is there, if not, tap 3 dots on top right and select show system apps and look there for Sprint related services including of course the above service. Tap on each item you find and force stop it and try to disable it.  Then restart device and hope for the best

RogerTJsr
Constellation

I have already done that. You can force stop the apps but...

I have already done that. You can force stop the apps but not disable them and th they will turn back on within the first hour of trying to force stop them. Disabling isn't even an option for the apps

Honored Contributor

Re: I have already done that. You can force stop the apps but...

@RogerTJsr wrote:

I have already done that. You can force stop the apps but not disable them and th they will turn back on within the first hour of trying to force stop them. Disabling isn't even an option for the apps

1) What if you remove sim card and see if you can disable them then?

2) Another thing maybe try: on your screenshots there is storage options, if you go there, you can clear data.  - maybe you have already done this?

usereFYzaRyWuW
Constellation

Re: Why is Sprint able to lock my Boost Mobile Galaxy S8?

Hey did this work? I'm having the exact same issue.