cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user1N89J9kMh7
Constellation

Wifi Calling not working after update

Wifi calling has stopped working after the Pie update, Android 9. I have reset the network setting, cleared the cache on both the phone app and the wifi calling app. When I try to turn wifi calling on this is the message I get "Please try to set up wifi calling again later".

Is there an issue with the update that would have "broken" my wifi calling capabilities? 

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Wifi Calling not working after update

Have you reached out to your carrier regarding this? Due to Wifi Calling is a carrier feature.

user1N89J9kMh7
Constellation

I did reach out to my carrier and wifi calling is enabled on my plan. The wifi calling is still not working.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

If you don't mind sending a private message here with your model number and IMEI so I can further look into this?

userwlmC9G6zLf
Astronaut

WiFi Calling was working great before the latest Pie upgrade to both our S8s.  Now after a couple hours of working, it says location timeout and quits even in the middle of a call.  I have been trying every setting change in the phone, resetting Google Play services, clear cache, soft resets, hard resets to get WiFi Calling to stay engaged.  This is quickly becoming a nuisance where I live since Sprint doesn't have a tower nearby.  Internet says there is a known problem with Google, Android.  But it does stay working when I am in other locations.  So what is it that Location Services is looking for that suddenly it is not finding from my home or SuddenLink network.  I have SIP, IPsec, all running and it does work for a while but then location timeout and quits.