cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Wifi keeps disconnecting

Hi everyone and samsung, not sure if this has been an issue, but every so often my S8 keeps having issues with connecting to the wifi.

I first thought i could have ip conflicts but all my wifi or LAN devices are on DHCP. 

So what happens is it connects ok, then after some time it kicks it self off and defaults to 4G. The wifi symbol disappears, when i check the wifi status the wifi is on but get an authentication error message.

Tryed:

Reboot, clear cash, forget wifi etc

The only solution i have found is to reset my network settings on my S8 then it connects... but then later that day or the next day i have to do it all over again.

Hope some one or someone from samsung could shed some lightScreenshot_20200609-094420_Settings.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Wifi keeps disconnecting

I would like to look into this issue for you. Let's look at a couple of things first.

Have you tried swapping out your sim card?

Does it still perform that way in safe mode?

Does it behave the same way if you were to connect to another wifi source?

Highlighted
Constellation

Hi samsungQue

Thanks for your reply. 

Its still happends in safe mode

The sim card is a new one, not long swapped from 02 to vodaphone and it still happend on the 02 sim

Still get authentication error on another wifi 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I recommend having the phone evaluated by a certified technician. You can find an authorized service center here: https://www.ubreakifix.com/samsung

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.