Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useruNufInqLhV
Asteroid

Wireless charging problems with S8+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I had an issue with the 2018 Samsung Wireless Charging stand where, all of a sudden, my phone refuses to charge on it. The only way to resolve the issue is to restart the phone. Samsung support asked me to do a system cache reset as well as a factory reset. The issue persists even after that. I even got a replacement for the wireless charger and everything seemed fine until 2 days later, my phone refused to charge. Based on the research I've done online, it looks to be the phone's fault or some third party app's fault. Can anyone help me figure out what's going on?

Part of me doesn't mind restarting the phone for now, as I pre-ordered the Note 9 and will be trading in my current phone for that. Also, if the problem is with a third party app, I want to resolve it as I will be backing up my phone before switching and don't want my Note 9 to have the same issue.

Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Wireless charging problems with S8+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useruNufInqLhV That's totally understandable. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any other questions or concerns with any of your Samsung products! Smiley Happy

3 REPLIES 3

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useruNufInqLhV If the reset and clearing the cache did not resolve the issue, I would recommend repair services. For phones you have a few options available. You may check with your carrier to see what options they can provide, take the device to a Samsung Experience shop located inside a Best Buy store, or we can set up a service ticket for you to ship the phone to us so that one of our technicians can take a look at it. Please let us know how you would like to proceed. 

Highlighted
useruNufInqLhV
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungJecca

I don't think it will be worth it to send the phone in right now. I pre-ordered the Note 9 so I will receive that in approximately 4 days. I will just go ahead and complete the trade-in by sending my S8+ at that time. Hopefully, the Note 9 doesn't show similar problems.

Thank you!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useruNufInqLhV That's totally understandable. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any other questions or concerns with any of your Samsung products! Smiley Happy