cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Won't turn on or charge

I have a galaxy s8 that I have been using for a few years now and I have swapped the battery twice due to problems making the phone not work, mostly my fault though. The latest change was around a week ago so my battery shouldn't be damaged or anything and I've changed my using habits. So yesterday my phone battery died fully and I let it charge through the night. I must've not noticed that it wasn't charging and now it won't turn on or tell me that it's charging. My phone battery dies sometimes and usually, it's full after a night charge but today it isn't having it. I've tried many different methods to solve the problem like holding different buttons for around 30 seconds and now it's trickle charging from my computer. It isn't showing any signs of life this morning so I would like to ask for some help. Please and thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Won't turn on or charge

Hi @userkHFYWupQ6s 

So from what I've read so far about your issue, it seems to me like it may be a hardware issue with the board. If you say you changed the battery more than once and it's still happening, then there's something more going on there. From my experience, it is usually a board that needs to be changed.

Not sure if that's going to be economically worth it or not. 

I would call 1-800-SAMSUNG so they can either direct you to a certified repair shop or mail it in. 

I hope this bit of info helps in any way. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Won't turn on or charge

Thank you for the suggestion, I'm trying to see if there's anything I can do before it gets to that point though.