cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user0SJudZjV8e
Asteroid

Worst Customer Service of ANY Company

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been trying to get a refund on my S8 Active for nine months now. It's amazing to me how incompetent the customer service team is at Samsung. I've called over 50 times and sent numerous emials to no avail. I'm so fed up with this company and I'm going to tell every one I can how horrible this company is and that they are thieves. And I will never use their products again.

Here is my situation:

In September 2017 Samsung was running a promotion where you could get a free Gear VR with the purchase of an S8 Active. When I went to check out the Gear VR was showing up as $90, not free. So I called the customer service line, and the lady couldn't figure out why it was showing up this way, but instructed me to go ahead an order it as is and to call back once the phone shipped to get a price adjustment of $90, and gave me a ticket number as a reference of our call (no big deal, right?)

When the phone shipped, I called as I was told to do and the customer service rep I got this time told me I ordered the phone and Gear VR incorrectly and that they don't do price adjustments. The only way to get the $90 back is to return the phone and Gear VR, then repurchase the phone and Gear VR in a different way on the website, which she showed me. After a heated back and forth with her, I decided that I would go ahead and go the route of returning the phone and Gear VR and purchase another the new way she showed me.

It took almost a month to get shipping labels sent to me (10/13/2017), I sent the phone and Gear VR in two seperate boxes as instructed by the email.... and what do you know, it gets rejected (10/25/2017) for using incorrect shipping labels THAT THEY SENT ME! I get the phone back (10/28/2017) with no sign of the Gear VR.

It took until 11/15/2017 to get a new return label, due to further customer service incompetence. I sent the phone back on 11/17/2017 and it gets rejected again (11/22/2017) due to "being outside of the return window" even though they approved the return.... After it was rejected, they never sent the phone or Gear VR back and I have been calling once, sometimes twice a week trying to get them to refund the money. They give me the same story every time saying the return is in "management approval" and should be processed in 3-5 business days, or "we are checking with our warehouse to verify the product is there". I've talked to a supervisor 3 different times and they say "it's out of our control, it's in the return team's hands". SERIOUSLY??? Then let me talk to them, don't send me to someone who has no power or authority to do anything except waste my time.

The latest status (6/19/2018) I have recieved is that they won't process a return and they aren't sending my phone back... so basically I don't have the product I purchased, and I won't be getting any money back. I'm out $800 and all they can do is say "sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you". I'm about to file a lawsuit against them. This is beyond ridiculous. If anyone has dealt with this before, please reply.

If a Samsung employee reads this, here are some ticket numbers for reference:

Most current: 683857

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
user0SJudZjV8e
Asteroid

Re: Worst Customer Service of ANY Company

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Final Update:

I FINALLY GOT MY REFUND! It's been 11 months, but I finally got my refund and I don't think that would have happened if I didn't go onto this forum and call them out. If this ever happens to anyone in the future, do not count on the eCommerce team to help you. Post everywhere you can and pursue every avenue you can. This community CS team helped me more than the 30+ eCommerce team did. Big thank you to them.
21 REPLIES 21
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am so sorry, Madison. The Community team does not have access to the online sales database, but we are happy to work with eCommerce on your behalf. I'm sending you a private message, requesting specific information. Please respond at your earliest convenience. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user0SJudZjV8e all you have to do is file a fraud claim with your bank, no lawsuit is needed. This is a seriously messed up situation. Explain it to your bank, they will understand. You don't have your money and you don't have a product, period. 

user0SJudZjV8e
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Will they put the money back on my card if it's been almost 10 months?
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Especially since it has been so long. Just explain to them the whole story. @user0SJudZjV8e

Highlighted
user0SJudZjV8e
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'll give that a try tomorrow, thanks!

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user0SJudZjV8e unfortunately what you went through isn't necessarily uncommon. Sometimes the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. One representative will promise one thing, or say something that you're relying on being true, then the next representative will say that info is actually completely untrue or isn't our policy, etc. I wish we heard less stories like this. It shows that there is a major communications problem internally and quality training.

I really hope you get everything resolved! 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would not recommend doing this. Most of the time, if you file a claim with the banking institution the E-Commerce team will not be able to refund you until the claim is dropped. By contacting the bank and filing a claim this will only prolong the resolution. 

Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungJustin wrote:

I would not recommend doing this. Most of the time, if you file a claim with the banking institution the E-Commerce team will not be able to refund you until the claim is dropped. By contacting the bank and filing a claim this will only prolong the resolution. 

i made that error once, never again,its a big counterclaim, and nothing worked. 

user0SJudZjV8e
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I'm sick of being patient... haha. I'm 10 months into this mess and all Samsung CS can say is wait 3-5 business days. They aren't interested in refunding my money. They are just hoping that I get fed up with it and walk away.