JUMP TO SOLUTION

There used to be a paper clip icon

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: attachments to text messages

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there @userX9naUA4Eli,

You would click the Four Square menu to access the feature. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Like you I don't have a + button, but I have found a work around.

Go to your gallery and select the picture, then the share button, then messages.

You then type the name of the person and a message opens with the picture in it.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too cannot seem to find any link to choose a document to attach to a message. Selecting the + does not have an option to select anything from the my files folder

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Me too. Have a Samsung S10+ and can't find a way to attach a pdf to a text message. Clicking on the + does not seem to provide any option to do so.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

PDF files are incompatible with either SMS or MMS messaging due to Adobe formatting restrictions. There are third party apps that use alternate data channels to accomplish this, but sending a PDF is easiest using email.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks!!!!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just to make sure I understand... sending a PDF is not an option using the Samsung messaging app?  I'm unable to send a PDF on my Note 9.  I downloaded Google messenger and Textra, and neither were able to add the attachment either.  However, when I use my Pixel 2 XL, any of the texting apps DO have the option to send a PDF.  So my conclusion is that the Note 9 (and other Samsung devices) do not have the capability using any texting app, meaning it's a device deficiency and not an app issue.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

BRILLIANTLY simple. Thanks!!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So in other words Samsung devices text messageing = garbage!!!