cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

back up and restore

I had to do a factory reset on my phone due to network issues. Before doing so, my network provider had me back up the phone, as well as a Google back up. Everything was completed before we did the reset. Once I reset the phone, the network issues were fixed, however I lost TWO YEARS worth of pictures and videos from the phone's gallery. I found out of course afterwards, that gallery is NOT backed up unless it is uploaded to Google pictures (which is a separate app that I DO NOT USE since I don't want all of my pictures on Google) or the Samsung Cloud. I had things on Samsung Cloud, but did not pay for the extra space that I should not have to pay for as a back up, but NONE of my photos. There needs to be a way for the gallery to be automatically part of the back up. Especially since I am not a huge social media person and keep most of my things for my own use. I lost photos of my nieces and nephews birthdays, pictures with other family and friends that I will never be able to get back and I am currrently devastated about it. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: back up and restore

Hi @useruaKKXCFzMY 

I am so sorry to hear about your lost pictures. I have had this happen to me as well and it's devastating.  I understand not wanting to put your information on the cloud.

Another option would be to use a Micro SD card if your phone allows it. You can set your photos to auto-save on the card. Also, if you ever have this happen again you can save all information onto the SD card via the smart switch app.

Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: back up and restore

Hey @useruaKKXCFzMY 

I'm sorry to hear that you lost all those photos. Without the use of a cloud storage, you would need to back up your photos either to an external storage/hard drives or to a PC/Laptop using apps like Samsung Smart Switch. I've provided some links that show ways to back up without using a cloud storage.

Hope this helps!

How to Backup Data in Samsung Mobile Device 

Move photos, videos, or music on your Samsung Phone