cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user4qpKJU2Wwh
Asteroid

disable yellow circle around face on front camera

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried asking this on the android forum but got nowehere. Is there a way to disable the yellow circle around the face on the front camera for the galaxy S8? I figured there should be a way to turn this annoying feature off and I've been searching google but can'r find a way to do this. I've also tried turning off face recognition in the security settings but the yellow circle is still on. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: disable yellow circle around face on front camera

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately not, it's a feature of the camera focusing. It zeros in on the facial features in order to capture the picture more clearly. You cannot disable this feature, I apologize.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does it stay on the entire or goes away after a few seconds?

user4qpKJU2Wwh
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

it goes away if I sit still but as soon as there'as movement it comes back on again and is distracting.

jgribbin
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It does this on mine as well. Never really bothered me.

I suspected it was part of face detection as my face is registered on the phone even though I'm not currently using it to unlock my phone.

user4qpKJU2Wwh
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've deleted face data from this phone and switched off face recongition, the yellow circle is stil lthere on the front cam. Surely there must be a way to disable this.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately not, it's a feature of the camera focusing. It zeros in on the facial features in order to capture the picture more clearly. You cannot disable this feature, I apologize.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user4qpKJU2Wwh
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

ok thankyou for clearing that up, hopefully samsung might release an update (one day) that gives the user the option to switch this off.

user4qpKJU2Wwh
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

the above 'solved' post is false, however I've just had an udate that finished 5 mins ago and the yellow circle is gone!