cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fleebee
Asteroid

email client log in problem with Outlook?

I run both Outlook and the Samsung email client on my S8 for different email addresses. Since loading outlook onto the phone I have had a problem that when I open up the Samsung client it asks for the sign in information for the email that is running on the Outlook account. I typically select cancel and delete which I assume should delete the account information that it's looking for but it keeps coming back! Going into the account setup in the Samsung client I see no reference to the other account at all.

This is driving me a little crazy. I did just replace the phone and my hope was that the problem would not migrate over but it has. Help!

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: email client log in problem with Outlook?

When you set up the outlook app on your phone did it have you add the account under settings for your device?

fleebee
Asteroid

Not that I remember. There was an additional step that my company needed to control the data that is on the outlook email client. Is there a setting that is on the device that might be causing this?

Thank you for taking this on.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Generally a setting alone would make this happen. What seems to be happening is that both email apps are reading the account information in both so to keep it from happening you would need to remove the account from one or the other. Do you have any hotmail, live, or outlook accounts tied to your stock email app?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

fleebee
Asteroid

They are supposed to be operating separately. The fact that the Samsung client is trying to load the account for outlook means that perhaps the outlook client has changed something? Looking through the settings for the Samsung client I can find anything that I can change that would stop the process of trying to load the outlook email.

Honored Contributor

@fleebee wrote:

They are supposed to be operating separately. The fact that the Samsung client is trying to load the account for outlook means that perhaps the outlook client has changed something? Looking through the settings for the Samsung client I can find anything that I can change that would stop the process of trying to load the outlook email.

@fleebee 

If you go to settings>accounts and backup>accounts and look at which account is outlook using and also Samsung email

fleebee
Asteroid

So looking at this. The Samsung account that pulls in my work mail is using Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync. The other account (outlook) is using Office365 and the Microsoft Intune company portal app. I hope that helps.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

As you are using a work profile, I would recommend reaching out to your IT team directly for further assistance.

Honored Contributor

@fleebee wrote:

So looking at this. The Samsung account that pulls in my work mail is using Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync. The other account (outlook) is using Office365 and the Microsoft Intune company portal app. I hope that helps.

@fleebee 

1) Go to outlook app and send feedback to the team.  These guys are usually good and will try to help you.

2) If you delete Outlook app, then Samsung Email doesn't ask for signin info?

Just to make sure, your Samsung app isn't set up for multiple accounts?