cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

last update missed up the hotspot feature..!!

Hi guys,

2 days ago my S8 got an update and as you'll know, updates are mandatory and you cannot skip them.

What happened is that the WiFi repeating feature is not allowed anymore, the option of using your phone to extend your WiFi is not allowed anymore just like it used to be with older phones (I get a message stating that I need to turn off my WiFi in order to use the Mobile Hotspot).

I can still use it to make a Hotspot out of my data connection (3G/4G) but not with a WiFi connection, and all of this happened right after the update.

Anyone have a solution/suggestion to this, please?

PS: I've already contacted Samsung using their chat feature and after 50 minutes of explaining, the agent understood my issue and advised me to report this error using Samsung Members, a solution that would take ages to get done.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: last update missed up the hotspot feature..!!

To be quite honest with you, it's actually been like that with Samsung. Unless it was a hidden feature I didn't know about. It was either you are using wifi or you are going to use hotspot.

Highlighted
Constellation

duuuuude what phone do you have? this feature exists since the S7........!!!!!!!!!!!!
https://phoneradar.com/how-to-use-samsung-galaxy-s7-s7-edge-s8-s8-plus-as-wifi-repeater-or-extender/

Highlighted
Constellation

Yes samsung has never had this feature, Until s20  came in. I never thought they would add it. thanks Samsung, please sort him