cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diamond_94
Asteroid

please write your Experience with Android oreo.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

hi 

i have s7 edge, i intend to update my phone after it's release, but i heared from many people who have installed oreo on their s8 or s8+ have many problem with their new os. 

so pls if anyone has Experience with Android oreo performance , it's speed , battery life etc i will be happy to help me.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: please write your Experience with Android oreo.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I very much feel the same way.  I thoroughly liked my s8+ after ditching my iPhone 6.  But since the Oreo update, it has been very much reduced in functionality and continue to have bugs.  It drives me crazy that these companies have beta tests and then push through unfinished and poorly regarded updates that you cannot opt out of without rooting, and then they take away features or fail to fix them in a timely fashion.  And the customer service reponse has been so very very poor.  I really think I will have to go back to iPhone despite my dislike of it.  I have heard nice things about LG phones, but at least I know apple will fix software issues ASAP instead of pretending they dont exist.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This Update is just bad, it has caused a huge backlash. the speed is ok the battery life that needs to be fixed, you don't have your custom text tones for your contacts anymore!! all and all this update needs to be thrown out

diamond_94
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

so you mean it's better don't update my phone?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

nope people are having such trouble with this update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Duck this update for as long as you can.  So many issues and Samsung doesn't seem inclined to address them, outside of a recently reported issue with the play store not working.  Something that they can generate revenue from is apparently top priority, not preexisting features missing or broken hardware you already paid them for.  

userukZcmF03vh
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I hate the Oreo update.

My most significant and loudest concern has been that I no longer get the notification badge icons on the native email app, which used to show me at a glance how many unread emails I had. If I looked at the phone and there was no badge icon on my email app, that meant nobody needed me for anything. But if I saw that, say, 15 emails had appeared in the last 5 minutes, I needed to get someplace quiet and look at my email (this is a business phone.)

Now, I am having to continually open the email app and make double-triple sure that I'm not missing anything. The sound/vibrate method of notification also doesn't work. 

On top of that, calls have started dropping. I have been unable to do a full backup since the update (it always hangs at 98%). The Bluetooth connection with my car has become very glitchy. The  battery lasts half as long as it used to.

All of those are minor irritations, however, compared with the lack of badge icon notifications. It has rendered this phone virtually useless. As soon as the contract is up, I'm making a switch to a better company.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I very much feel the same way.  I thoroughly liked my s8+ after ditching my iPhone 6.  But since the Oreo update, it has been very much reduced in functionality and continue to have bugs.  It drives me crazy that these companies have beta tests and then push through unfinished and poorly regarded updates that you cannot opt out of without rooting, and then they take away features or fail to fix them in a timely fashion.  And the customer service reponse has been so very very poor.  I really think I will have to go back to iPhone despite my dislike of it.  I have heard nice things about LG phones, but at least I know apple will fix software issues ASAP instead of pretending they dont exist.

View solution in original post

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've seen those lg phones i might go that route too. But i agree with you on this though

JUMP TO SOLUTION

my friend who lives in North Korea just told me he can't complain....

mito