cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userGZ7qZjm2yf
Asteroid

"My Files" app includes OneDrive all of a sudden?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello. 

All of a sudden, the My Files app on my Samsung S8+ is including my OneDrive files and telling me I have duplicates and am running low on storage space. When I went into the Duplicates section, all of the files it showed we're on my OneDrive. I do NOT want or need my phone to manage my external cloud services, especially when it appears it can delete files for me they deem "duplicates".

Screenshot_20190908-100815_My Files.jpg

I have 7TB of OneDrive space, I handle duplicate control of photos externally with software, and do not have any of the files listed downloaded to my phone. I can't seem to find an explanation anywhere, but I obviously have no use for this "feature". How can I diasble this? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: "My Files" app includes OneDrive all of a sudden?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

only way that i know of to remove it is to sign out of the one drive account thats the only option that ive been able to find i also have to sign out to get Onedrive to be removed from the My Files list 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as "Solved."

Note 9 User

Note 9 User on Verizon Wireless
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

only way that i know of to remove it is to sign out of the one drive account thats the only option that ive been able to find i also have to sign out to get Onedrive to be removed from the My Files list 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as "Solved."

Note 9 User

Note 9 User on Verizon Wireless
userGZ7qZjm2yf
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the reply. Workaround solutions and area and ambiguous features are signs of terrible programming.