cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userXH3jAjldoO
Constellation

"Unauthorized Actions Have Been Detected" notification

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've gotten a security notification three times in the last hour that says "unauthorized actions have been detected, restart device to undo these actions" and then the options are "restart" or "cancel" 

The first time this message appeared I clicked restart. Then maybe 15 minutes later the notification appeared again. I cleared it and again it came back. I checked my device management and it didn't show any security threats. 

When I've googled this it seems to only happen after rooting or flashing the device but I've not done either of those things. I've done nothing at all to the device. I've had it for a little over a month and this is the first I've seen this notification. It was a used phone that I purchased on swappa if that makes any difference? It was factory reset when I received it and I set it up and haven't done anything else but update the software since then. 

Is there an actual security issue here or is this just an odd notification? Is there anything I can do to fix this?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userXH3jAjldoO
Constellation

Re: "Unauthorized Actions Have Been Detected" notification

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This seems to have fixed it, thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this occur when the device is placed into safe mode? It sounds like a third party application you have downloaded may be causing this issue.

If you do not experience the issue when the device is placed into safe mode, you would want to delete applications one by one until you discover which third party application is causing the error message.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userXH3jAjldoO
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This seems to have fixed it, thank you!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are very welcome, We are glad we could assist you with finding a solution to your concerns. Thanks for being the best part of Samsung!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.