cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userdms2XXZjPb
Astronaut

regular text message conversation changed to chat type S8+

JUMP TO SOLUTION
i recently noticed that one of my text message conversations has now turned into a chat type conversation. telling me when delivered ,read and when typing. Idk why or how and it's only on one conversation the rest are still normal. Why is that?
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userpDUIZcvuPg
Astronaut

Re: regular text message conversation changed to chat type S8+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is happened to me with the last update on my J3. Here is how you fix the problem from the main/home screen

Step 1.

click on Messages

Step 2. 

If you are not on the main messasges screen go back to it.

Step 3.

Click the three dots in top right cornor

Step 4. 

Click Settings

Step 5.

Click Settings

Step 6.

Turn off Rich Communication Settings

Step 7

Select Text/ multimedia msgs.

Step 8( Optional )

Turn on Rich communicaton, 

View solution in original post

61 REPLIES 61
Sergio20202
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I believe this is something that Samsung phones are capable of doing so long as the other phone you're texting is also Samsung (kinda like apple's messages turning blue when it's texting within apple devices). To turn this off go to the Messages app > Settings > Chat Settings > and toggle "Share Typing Indications" on or off. On to keep seeing the "message read" of course.
useriaNfJKBT5u
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a few friends with samsung devices and chat doors not work with them. Only one of my contacts with a samsung works

userfxoRVUr9ki
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello. I recently  bought samsung Galaxy 8, and my sister has the 8plus, we noticed out txs were green sometimes and I was wondering if maybe it happens when 1 or other of us r out away from wifi? Could it be that reason ? I really like it but it doesnt stay that way all the time and I wouldn't want to be charged extra for using this option. Maybe I should call bell and find out before I use it a lot. Any input on this option?

Highlighted
userKuUch01Kh7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
It is green when the message is sent as a chat instead of SMS.
To switch back to SMS, go to your message app, click on the three dots on the top right corner, select settings, then chat settings, then default message type, select automatic or text/...
Sergio20202
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
To toggle this go to Messages app > settings > chat settings > and click either on or off on "Share typing info atop indications". This function is Samsung's equivalent of read receipts on apple and much like it, it only works with other Samsung phones.
uservFj3QLXfKr
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
this doesn't work for my phone. I loved having that feature I woke up one morning and it just disappeared. how do I get that feature back?
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@uservFj3QLXfKr

Were those options just not there for you or did you set it up as suggested and it didn't help?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userfUM2NBcLvo
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I dont have the setting for chat on my options at all how do I get it?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Give this a try. http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=712429&modelname=SM-...

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.