cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userRFrjrWUmFf
Asteroid

Re: regular text message conversation changed to chat type S8+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi. I also now have this same problem as of a few days ago. I have tried everything. I spent 2 hours on the phone with Tmobile and they couldn't figure it out. The steps you've given here to fix it, I don't have those options on my app. I don't see anything about "rich communications". I only see chat settings and within that there's nothing to toggle on or off that works . I am able to text my son on without my text being chat (broken up into several texts), he's on an old iphone and also same carrier as me. The chat setting is breaking my texts into several and driving my friends crazy, please help!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you using the stock messaging app?

userRFrjrWUmFf
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, I'm using the stock message app. All was fine until about 5 days ago. All my messages are sent as chat and the person receiving them gets my texts in pieces, and out of order. I have tried everything with my carrier, also had Samsung remotely access my phone. Tmobile blaming it on Samsung and Samsung blaming on Tmobile. Basically there is no way to change the chat setting. I was told by Samsung that the way it's now being sent isn't using any data and perhaps that's why Tmobile didn't configure an option to revert back to text. When I mentioned that to Tmobile they scoffed that they'd never do that and again said it was Samsung issue. Please help!

Jaroclay8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (Android v 8.0.0) and have the latest version of Samsung Messages. I do not find the setting options  provided in the preferred solution.

I have the opposite issue, my text messages are type "Chat" and I need them to be regular text messages. I have turned off all options related to notifying that messages are read and see me typing. Some people get my text messages, others do not.

I would use a 3rd party app but I discovered today that the last 3 weeks of texts are "chat" and are not seen by other texting apps. I am trying to figure out how to revert Messages back to type text messages.

Thanks for your help as it helped me find buried options.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you provide me with your Model number, Baseband version and the Carrier of the device so we can look into the troubleshooting process specific to you?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Jaroclay8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello and thanks for the quick response.  Here is the info requested:

Model #: SM-950U

Baseband version: N950USQS5CRK1

Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks and let me know if you need additional info.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much for providing that information to us. However upon further research we would recommend reaching out to your Carrier directly for the option you are looking for.

The mobile carrier controls your mobile date such as your messaging, You would want to reach out to them directly for a resolution!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userRFrjrWUmFf
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have tmobile as well and have spoken to them dozens of times about this. When it happened to me, it was the morning after a big event at which I sent many videos through text. I have been wondering if tmobile possibly "cut me off" so to speak. They keep assuring me that that's not the case. I do feel that the issue is within Tmobile however. I had Samsung remote access my phone and was told Tmobile needs to configure my settings to allow me to disable chat. Tmobile claims that's impossible. Every time there's an issue, the carrier blames the phone manufacturer and vice versa 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userRFrjrWUmFf, Thank you for your input into this situation. We agree and recommend reaching out to your carrier as this may have been disabled by them directly.

userC23oCuoFKZ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userdms2XXZjPb wrote:
i recently noticed that one of my text message conversations has now turned into a chat type conversation. telling me when delivered ,read and when typing. Idk why or how and it's only on one conversation the rest are still normal. Why is that?

@userdms2XXZjPb wrote:
i recently noticed that one of my text message conversations has now turned into a chat type conversation. telling me when delivered ,read and when typing. Idk why or how and it's only on one conversation the rest are still normal. Why is that?