cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

s8+ black screen of death

so my s8+ was working perfectly fine and all of a sudden it went completely black! the display stopped it wouldnt charge, it wouldnt respond nothing! then it came bck to life and within 10 mins died again. that was 2 days ago. i tried the forced restart and that didnt work and now my phone is off and i cannot turn it on without tracing my pattern which i cannot do because of the black screen! i need the data on my phone. i had no internet for weeks and couldnt back up my data. and the shop told me they had to replace my screen and that it would mean losing all the data. i tried using my samsung account to unlck my phone but it is saying my phone is offline even though my sim card is in the phone. also the led lights stopped working now and i just do not understand what is going on.

is there a way to get my data back

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: s8+ black screen of death

Have you found an answer yet? My screen died and although my insurance covered a replacement, opening the phone requires a password and with the touchscreen not working I can't get in and use Smart Switch to transfer my data. To make matters worse, the SD card is encrypted and can only be unencrypted on the original phone. AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: s8+ black screen of death

I found something on YouTube but I haven't tried it yet 

You buy an HDTV adapter C port and use it to display your phone on a TV screen and draw your pattern using a mouse I ordered my adapter and hopefully it will work 

I'm all out of ideas if it doesn't and to make matters worse it seems my phone's condition is deteriorating the led indicator stopped working so now I cannot tell if the phone is on or off! Or if it's charging