cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s8 making and receiving phone calls

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I work at att and we've had many customers coming in with the s8, s8+, and s8 active not being able to make or receive phone calls. Just s8s, has anyone else had this issue?
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I found a small fix it's worked for most phones. If you turn your airplane mode on then after a minute turn it back off it'll trigger it to work again. If that doesn't work try the same with your cellular data.
11 REPLIES 11

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Yes just noticed
tiffany0916
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
same here

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I found a small fix it's worked for most phones. If you turn your airplane mode on then after a minute turn it back off it'll trigger it to work again. If that doesn't work try the same with your cellular data.
userCRPwEzkB5W
Constellation

Re: s8 making and receiving phone calls

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't want to be constantly switching airplane mode on & off. I have s8+ & I have noticed when signal status has LTE can make  & receive calls, but when signal status switches to H call drops.  No one at AT&T store or online chat can seem to help.  I also don't have Enhanced LTE services option on my phone under mobile networks & they can't tell me why since they say my account has it enabled.  Can any one help me?

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userCRPwEzkB5W: Can I get the following information?

Model Number

Baseband Version

Carrier

userCRPwEzkB5W
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model # SM-G955U1

Baseband Version -  ? where do I find this? current version? G955U1UES5CRF5 / G955U1OYM5CRF5 / G955U1UES5CRF5
Carrier - AT&T
puchased unlocked from Amazon
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userCRPwEzkB5W: You can find the baseband version by going to Settings> About Phone

userCRPwEzkB5W
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

baseband version is:   G955U1UES5CRF5

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userCRPwEzkB5W: Thank you for that information. It looks like there is an updated baseband version for your device. I would recommend reaching out to your carrier regarding this.