Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Erickg112
Pilot

s8 plus battery drains quicker after recent update

JUMP TO SOLUTION
My s8 plus battery drains way too fast after the recent update. I charge it before going to sleep and when I wake up it's at 40%. is anyone else having this issue?
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: s8 plus battery drains quicker after recent update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That would be it! Looks like you might have downloaded an AntiVirus program. These devices do come with one pre-installed, and as you can see from that screenshot the one you have on there is pulling a lot of your battery life.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

60 REPLIES 60
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @Erickg112

Can you please send us a screenshot of your battery usage chart? Then the Community and I can look over things to figure out what might be going wrong.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Erickg112
Pilot

JUMP TO SOLUTION
is this it?

Screenshot_20171021-075353.pngUploaded from community android app.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That would be it! Looks like you might have downloaded an AntiVirus program. These devices do come with one pre-installed, and as you can see from that screenshot the one you have on there is pulling a lot of your battery life.

View solution in original post

Erickg112
Pilot

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I've had that app since I got the phone, my battery has been draining faster after the last update. my battery has been great up until the update.
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No worries. Can we get the exact model number and Baseband version (both under Settings>About Device) for your device as well as your carrier and what you've already tried to fix it? Thanks!

Erickg112
Pilot

JUMP TO SOLUTION
i deleted the antivirus app, it worked. i charged my phone last night and my battery life was 90% when I woke up.
KristieAndroid
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the exact same thing happen. It was right after the last update- major drain. I used to have about 95% by this time of day - now at 60%.

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@KristieAndroid: Do you have any applications running in the background throughout the day? 

KristieAndroid
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, thanks. None (and even less than before) that weren't on there prior. I have uninstalled several. Nothing helps.  It was a drastic change and happened right after the update.