cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Contributor

Re: s8 plus battery drains quicker after recent update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just to check before I start listing things, have you tried any troubleshooting already? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@uservL81PA1sSv

Checking in to see if you still need assistance.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

uservL81PA1sSv
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've troubleshooted, intermittent problem, battery is still poor and discharging fast even tho phone says it isn't 

uservL81PA1sSv
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes I've tried everything 

usercRU2SKwzdY
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Since about two weeks ago I am also having an S8+ battery problem. Phone feels HOT even when on standby mode.

100%-->50% in 2 hrs

I have unistalled antivirus. See how that goes.

Trouble shooting shows now untoward issues.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usercRU2SKwzdY

Be sure to send us a screenshot of your Battery Usage chart after you've tested things without the extra antivirus downloaded.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just wanted to reach back out and see if you were able to get this fixed up! If not, please let the Community know so that they can look into different ideas to help further.

Anna_R
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here, I am having trouble with battery and it's annoying as I am using my phone widely for work, client's call.etc. etc 

userSO4E2TVzpi
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here.  I accepted an update in early May and tonight it went from 100% to 5% in 5 hours with very little usage.   This is after I had a new battery installed this afternoon, so the new battery has not helped at all.   I just turned disabled Lookout as I already have McAfee for a virus protector and I also have uninstalled about 8 apps and put all background running apps to sleep.  I'll charge it back up tonight and report back tomorrow to give an update.

userLXGIpzwqn2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'd like to see Samsung take ownership of this issue rather than deflect to blame reasonable security precautions that worked perfectly well until the recent update.