cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userWmFe07sQKX
Constellation

s8 will not turn on

My Samsung Galaxy s8 is not turning on. it was fully charged yesterday night. Today morning i woke up and it was switched off, tried to turn on but no luck. tried to hard reset but nothing is working out.

10 REPLIES 10

Re: s8 will not turn on

Have you tried plugging it into your computer and seeing if this helps at all?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried a different wall socket?

Honored Contributor

@userWmFe07sQKX wrote:

My Samsung Galaxy s8 is not turning on. it was fully charged yesterday night. Today morning i woke up and it was switched off, tried to turn on but no luck. tried to hard reset but nothing is working out.

If you plug the phone into the charger, wait 5 minutes, then press power button as usual.  If that did not turn on the phone, then try pressing and holding power for 15 or more sec

user3UVXoFSaAy
Constellation

I had the same problem last weekend.  My phone automatically restarts every Saturday night.  I woke up Sunday and my phone appeared to be bricked.  I tried to charge it with different cables and nothing worked.  Finally figured it was toast and bought a new phone.  After sitting about 24-48 hours I tried once again to press the down volume and power keys and this time I got a strange pulsing circular display with about a 0% (or very low) in the middle.  I charged it up and was able to turn it on like usual.  I went through and made fresh backups, then tried another restart.  It shut down and now appears to be bricked again.  I think I received an update a few weeks ago, so I'm assuming the issue is with the update.  

Did you ever get yours to turn back on?

userWmFe07sQKX
Constellation

Yes, It's working fine now without any issue. I tried for around 4 hours and tried wireless charger and one time when trying wireless chrger i got circular display with 0% then i kept in charging till 20%. 

Highlighted
userw7ffBtUOBr
Cosmic Ray

This is off topic but how are you writing this without a Samsung device if you phone is off.

userWmFe07sQKX
Constellation

I am writing from laptop.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can I have your full model code and IMEI number via private message?

userWmFe07sQKX
Constellation

It's working fine now.